World 52: A Viking Invasion

Fei Chuan opened his eyes, and found himself sitting around a grand table. A dark-haired man sat to his left, perusing the morning's paper. Potentially, the father. A petite woman with baby blue eyes and light blonde hair sat across him and to Fei Chuan's right, elegantly eating her omelette with far too many utensils than strictly necessary. 

Well. Neither of these two people felt like the kind of people Fei Chuan would get along with, so he took the last bite of his toast, and excused himself. A servant came to dispose of his plate, and Fei Chuan made his way upstairs and slid into the nearest room with a bathroom sink. 

Fei Chuan locked the door, and tried to figure out where the system was this time. Heat flared into a band around his wrist, and Fei Chuan turned his attention to the silver chain bracelet adorning it. "System?" 

"Confirmed," the system agreed. The spaces in the links of the accessory began to flash green, pulling the world's information from [Their] database. "You are Navi Anderson. Second son of Henry Anderson. Heir to major oil conglomerate Vargr Oil." 

Fei Chuan raised an eyebrow. "Second son, yet still the heir?"

The system continued, "Mother lost at young age."Fei Chuan thought back to the small, blonde woman from before, and looked into the bathroom mirror. His hair was a shade of platinum blonde, and his eyes were an icy blue. He conceded that the lady downstairs could only be a stepmom at best, given his father's coloring. "And where is the [Villain]?" 

"Target search." The system again started glowing. "Located. 8 kilometers northwest. Height of 45 meters, third door down from the elevators." 

A building? The system just pointed him at an apartment complex, right? How the hell was he supposed to tell which direction northwest was? "If you can tell me there are elevators, how about you also tell me the address?"

"Denied." 

Fei Chuan sighed. At least the system sounded faintly apologetic about it. "Then what's the Task Description?" 

The system flashed for an extended period of time, before dulling. "System currently undergoing upgrade. Please be patient." 

Fei Chuan cursed, quietly. Upgrading now? What was that guy trying to pull? Where even was he? When the system continued to be unresponsive, Fei Chuan could only put this behind him and leave the bathroom before one of the servants thought he had constipation.

******

 Once he hoodwinked a servant into leading him into his body's bedroom, Fei Chuan opened up a computer to use Google Maps. It was about as helpful as expected, returning nearly 30 apartment buildings in the general vicinity of 8 km northwest. He tried to filter those numbers by just the number of buildings that had at minimum 15 floors, which was all of them. Fantastic.

However, the internet did prove to be a bit more useful in figuring out who exactly Fei Chuan was.

 Millionaires tend to be very well documented online, as it turned out.

 Heidi Patel was the woman downstairs and Henry's third wife. Fei Chuan's mother, Nicole Indran, was Henry's second wife and just as dead as the system asserted. Surprisingly however, Henry's first wife was still alive. Her and Henry's first son, a dirty blonde with mischievous green eyes, stared out the screen and at him. According to gossip magazines, Aris Anderson was currently living the life overseas, content to party and embroil himself in sex scandals with actors and actresses.

 Fei Chuan studied the guy's blonde hair again, a trait he shared with the first wife. Some of the forums Fei Chuan had stumbled upon while he was browsing discussed in great detail Henry Anderson's type. Blonde and blonder, seemed to be the general consensus, but Fei Chuan looked at the women's slender bodies and shorter statures and stopped thinking about it altogether. His host dad's kinks had nothing to do with his future tasks.