CHAPTER THREE

Cairo, Egypt. Evelyn smiles as her foot steps out from the ship together with her son, Dakota and brother Jonathan. Both climbing down then reach the ground.

Jonathan looking for their luggage bag, she looks down to Dakota.

"Finally isn't it, Dakota?" she asked. "Are you ready with your new adventure". he shrugs. She just smiles her eyes searching for Jonathan. "Where is he?'' She and Dakota walk forward.

From afar she hears Jonathan voice arguing about something. She caught him arguing with the bellman about their luggage.

"This is too expensive! I'm not gonna pay for it. This is just luggage and some other things we brought from England and you trying to put charges on us".

"These are the rules, sir. I am sorry that I had to follow the order". said the bellman apologetic. "My captain will not be pleased to hear this".

"Tell your captain I will not pay the fees! That's an order". Evelyn touches his shoulder from the back, he turns.

"Can you believe this? They charge us like $200 for other things we brought. $35 for the extra carried and $15 for the service charges. This is an outrageous scandal!"

She turned to the bellman, said. "$250 is your captain charging us? What we brought with us.. a double decker bus?" the bellman man shrugs.

"Unbelievable! Jonathan just paid him. We're divided in two". She gives him half of her money, then walks with the luggage she carried with Dakota beside her.

"I can not forgive your captain, mark my words!" as he paid the bellman. He sling the bag on his shoulder, most of it he carried the other things they brought from London. Now they waited for the ride. "There's a car. Come".

Moments later. Jonathan unchained the lock then pulled the door open, dust around the house. Dakota sneezed as the dust flew through his nose.

He entered. "Glad to be home". She reached his shoulder.

"Huge and dusting".

"Of course. It's been years since me and your Uncle Jonathan left this place". a vast house is coming to life.

Evelyn pulls dust sheets off furniture. Jonathan open shutters. Sunshine spills into the great rooms. Outside, a glimpse of rolling parkland.

"This is where we live now. And you will start school in a couple of days. Hope you will be ready, shocked culture.. I know".

He didn't say much. Eyes wander around the place. "I suggest you should find your room now, unpacked your things. Just upstairs". she pointed at the stairs. "Go on. Make yourself comfortable".

He moved. Evelyn and Jonathan are busy downstairs. Dakota found his room and started unpacking.

"Hey?"

Evelyn enters his room. He didn't hear her climbing stairs but suddenly she was here with a book in her hand. Something she wants to show him.

"It's the year of Scorpion". She showed him a picture from the book. "Thought you will like it".

Gently he reached the book from his mother's hand and read it. "I'm sorry if I forced you to move in here".

"Urm.. mum.." his finger shaking pointed at her back where the doors are. There was a huge dark figure standing right behind her. Evelyn looked over her shoulder. "Something..."

The dark figure stepped forward then stood beside Evelyn. It was Ardeth Bay. She didn't know how he end up in here. Jonathan is downstairs he had no time to tell Ardeth of their arriving.