CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Bettany's House. Evelyn seated on the kitchen floor eating ice cream, her back leaning on the door fridge. Joe company with whom he is making a meat pie.

He smiled down at her even though she was upset about last night the way Dakota could behave toward her, she will not accept this and this is all Imhotep's fault.

"Do you have a child Joe?" she asked. "What is it like?"

"I didn't have a child nor a wife. I've been serving my life with Bettany's since I was in my early twenties, of course I was working with his father George. When his son Abraham asked me to live with him and I accepted it. He wasn't married yet that day, until he was happy with Amelia and Robert".

She chuckled. "Abraham and I are the same age". he smiled.

"You know the family well". she scoop the ice cream inside her mouth again. "Last night Dakota demanded the truth about his father".

"I know. That is why you are sitting on the floor eating ice cream, I know that kind of trick. Even Amelia if she had a fight with Abraham. I don't understand why all women always eat ice cream when they are upset".

This time she scooped a large amount inside her mouth, and he spoke back. "So the answer is yes. Does he receive the gift?"

"He barely looks at it. I keep it in my room until his mood calms down, then I give it back to him".

Baltus Hafez scans the bracelet that is attached to Dakota's wrist. Imhotep was standing not far from his son, Lock-Nah standing at the end of the corner.

Both men are watching this. "My lord. This bracelet won't take off but this bracelet will give us direction to Ahm Shere. Your son is everything for us". he said in ancient times.

Lock-Nah walked closer. Imhotep sighs. "Then we should bring my son to Ahm Shere".

"Yes. But..? we must reach Ahm Shere within a week or else the bracelet will kill him". Imhotep eyes stare down at Dakota, as a father of course he panics. He doesn't want Dakota to die like this. "That's an order".

The door then swung open, Meela on view. She smiles at the men, especially Dakota. "You?"

"Surprise". she smirked, Imhotep eyeing her. "Of course. Everything you heard from me was a lie to get to you".

Her eyes then up to Imhotep. "What a wonderful son you have, my lord". She rubbed her shoulder against Imhotep as she walked past then stood beside Lock-Nah.

Baltus Hafez frowned, said. "We have to move my lord. I suggest it tonight, we don't have much time left. For sake for your son we must".

Back in Bettany house. After eating ice cream in the kitchen, she went to another room and sat on the balcony window.

Staring at the view while her mind thinks of Dakota. She didn't realize Robert entered the room, so he stopped clearing throat.

"I hear something happens between you and your son. Is it because of the gift I gave him".

"He barely looks at it". She turned to him. "No. It wasn't the problem of your gift.. it was just me. The problem came to me. He wanted the truth that all". he nod understood. "I can't believe he acts like that, he even barks at me and I'm his mother".

Robert sighs. "Children. I don't have a child but I know. I used to be like that once, can't imagine that". he gently reached her hand. "He'll be fine after this". he smiled.

"I don't feel right. Something is going to happen in my family".

He takes his hand back but then suddenly she grabs his hand back, tightly. Their eyes met.