CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Tunnel. A torch wipes the frame. It's Imhotep, creeping down a tunnel, unarmed but for the torch. Before Imhotep reached the tunnel, he came down the stairs made of sand.

At the bottom is a large gold crest embossed with a gold scorpion. Imhotep steps onto the crest. His entire body immediately spasms, as if hit by an electrical shock.

He cries out. Imhotep's face slowly regenerates, until he looks strong and healthy and whole once again. And then it's over. Imhotep is thrilled, looks stunned, and stares at his hands in despair.

"I may be healed. My curse is gone.. but so are my powers". For the second time in his life, Imhotep looks vulnerable. "How can I kill the Scorpion without my powers".

Back to now. The gold walls are covered in green mold and fungus. Imhotep's eyes widen as the vaporous electrical charge comes racing down the tunnel walls. Be spins around as it passes by him.

The fungus and mold on the walls are wiped clean. The gold looks brand spanking new.

The vaporous electrical charge spreads out across a giant dune made of black sand. As it subsides, reveal a golden sand dune opposite the black one.

Thousands upon thousands of medjai warriors crest the gold dune on horses. Ardeth Bey scans the black sand, then looks off and sees the tip of the gold pyramid rising above the distant dunes.

Imhotep enters the keyroom. Baltus Hafez the high priest is struggling to withdraw his arm, which is stuck inside.

"You're too late, my lord. I have released the Army of Anubis! She shall soon take command".

Imhotep breathed, said. "I've been knowing since. I told you once that I don't want to be involved in anything like this. I know who she is. Yes, she is soon take the command as for you are nothing more than her slaves".

"My lord Imhotep. She's gone crazy because of you". Baltus Hafez held in pain. "Do you think you can change yourself my lord? Having a family? does it kill the scorpion".

Imhotep shook his head. "I'll try. I wasn't a good man either but I'll try. She was born like that. And she is Amunet reincarnated if you are curious about her acting like that. She's not who you think she is, she's more evil than I am".

Imhotep pulls a small ancient double-ax out of the gold scorpion's grasp. Baltus Hafez laughed. "Can you kill her my lord?"

"Not after I get through with her".

The bracelet gets unstuck and Baltus Hafez starts to withdraw his arm, then suddenly his arm is grabbed from inside.

His eyes widen in terror. He starts tugging on his arm, trying to wrench it free. Then he starts screaming in agony as the sound of something eating his arm is heard, and the crunching of bones and the gnashing of hideous teeth.

Imhotep backs away, half horrified, half gratified. Baltus Hafez finally rips his arm out, or what's left of it.. under his torn robe there's only a stump. He staggers off down a tunnel screaming in pain.

Imhotep backs out of the roan, double-ax up.

Imhotep hears something that in ancient Egypt means I must face the Scorpion King alone.

Meela's voice echoed out of nowhere. Imhotep walks through a strange Netherworld, weird smoke and eerie shadows play across the stygian landscape. Water drips. A distant wind bowls.

He sees Meela standing in front of a giant gong mounted near a set of huge doors. Imhotep starts to jump over a crevice. Meela stood there staring at the huge gong.

The entire chamber trembles from the vibrations. Imhotep loses his balance and almost falls into the crevice. Be looked down into it, it drops to eternity. Meela gently turns to Imhotep, smirking at him.