CHAPTER EIGHT

"Jonathan, have you read the news today?". She read it out loud.

𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗

𝙴𝚐𝚢𝚙𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝙰 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎𝚗.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚡𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢.

Evelyn looks up from the paper and begins to be curious. Her mind is thinking about the same fate of a band of American treasure hunters who died exactly the same way like these three young men.

They died of Imhotep. He first went after blind Mr. Burns then finished off the American by taking their organs and fluids as his flesh and muscles regenerated itself until Imhotep became fully regenerated.

Evelyn's jaw drops as her eyes on Jonathan.

"Jonathan, I don't think these men died in an accident. What if? I mean whoever is doing this. Surely it was Imhotep".

His eyes wide not dare to look up at her. He knows Imhotep is alive, he watches that night with Ardeth, but he had no strength to tell her yet.

"I am sure how many times I told you. Imhotep is here. Alive".

"Evy no. He wasn't". he lied. "Maybe those three young men already died like months ago or anything connected of their murderer".

"Jonathan. Skeleton! Our body usually takes three weeks to several years for a body to completely decompose into a skeleton. Well depending on factors such as temperature, humidity, presence of insects, and submergence. But this Jonathan.. These bodies took less than a week".

He doesn't want to say anything about Imhotep. Never. "What caused them to die?"

"Well then my sweet baby sister". he pushed the chair. "I don't know. I'm going out".

"Oh, could you please help me buy some spices from Omar's stall. The kitchen is running out of spices". he nods then walks out. Evelyn buried her nose reading the news.

Museum of Antiquities. Day. Dakota helps Dr. Bey in the library rowing the book back to the shelves as his mother used to work here.

Dr. Bey loves his company around here that reminds him of his mother. But Dakota wasn't a clumsy boy like his mother.

He walks to the tall ladder between two of these rows and leaning against one of the bookshelves with the book under his armpit, he climbs up then standing at the top of the tall ladder.

Finishing stacking the book back on the shelves, he slid down the ladder, gathered another book in his arm then backed up again. He didn't notice that he almost slipped from the tall ladder and someone prevented him too.

He looked down. It was Imhotep. He smiles as he looks up at Dakota. "Hello again".

"Don't you have better things to do with your life, Imhotep". he climbs down the ladder then walks to another shelf. Imhotep follows. "I'm working here!"

Imhotep smiles more happily than ever. "I noticed". he dragged the chair and sat on it. His eyes watch Dakota row the book.

He looks just like his mother, especially those with eyes, strength like him. "Do you work here, Dakota?"