CHAPTER SEVEN

Imhotep stands on the uppermost parapet of the abandoned museum, surrounded by moldy copper gargoyles.

From the view gently he looked down at his corpse form. Remembering how he died, the last look of Evelyn Carnahan before he gently sinks into a fetid swamp, slowly dying in Hamunaptra.

His corpse was buried there for so long until this. Year of Scorpion that he must kill the Scorpion King and conquer the world.

Does he have to? Does he have to kill again?

All he wanted was to look for Evelyn and the child after his rise. A child. Yes, he can scent the child. A child from his blood and flesh, Evelyn gave birth that no one knows about.

He stared into his corpse hand. Touching his ugly corpse face without a mirror, he studied it. Someone walked behind him.

It was Meela again.

He turns to Meela, who is looking sexy as hell. Meela smiles then looks at imhotep and steels herself. She may be beautiful, sexy but not as beautiful as Evelyn.

He wanted to see her again if he must.. he will kill to have her in his arms.

"This place is full of memory". said Imhotep in ancient Egypt to Meela, she heard him. "There is a place I would like to go by myself but my body won't allow me". studied his corpse body again. "And a child I used to know who was so kind to me, we shared food and places. Where is that boy?"

Meela frowned a bit. What kind of child Imhotep talks about? Should she seek that boy for him?

"My Lord, I don't know what kind of boy you were looking for. It's been a long time since". She answered him in Egypt. "You may now shouldn't remind the child anymore".

"I made a mistake. I got so angry at the child. I asked him to leave and he did as I told him so. I don't want to hurt him, that boy is such an innocent creature I couldn't kill with my bare hand. The child must be grown now".

Imhotep studied her face. "Why are you here?"

"My Lord. I am here on purpose".

"Why is that?" their eyes met. Meela barely answer his question. "Why?"

She cannot tell how much she loved him. Imhotep was everything for her. She knew Imhotep when she was a five year old little girl who had a vision of himself.

Meela has a vision the same way like Evelyn has her own vision. Both women are connected but why?

"I couldn't tell my Lord. When I found the curator Baltus Hafez. He believed that if anyone could defeat the Scorpion King in battle and take his place of power, it was certainly you my Lord".

Meela licks her bottom lips. "So I met him. Leading him and the crew to Hamunaptra where as your body has been buried".

"How do you know my body is buried there in Hamunaptra?"

"I had a vision about you my Lord. That is why I know".

Imhotep wanted the truth. Did she lie? Vision? What kind of vision she had. Vision of him when he was alive? What vision?

Someone interrupted their conversation. Baltus Hafez stood behind them. He took a step forward to Imhotep.

"My Lord? I am sorry if I interrupted".

He bowed and looked up at him. He is kinda afraid of Imhotep corpse form, creepy to see. But he must be strong to face Imhotep as he's the one who awake him from death.

Imhotep knows Hafez is scared of him in this form. He doesn't want to scare Hafez to death either. He had hurt Babu once, he will not hurt anybody.

"I am Baltus Hafez, the curator. I need your permission before we continue our journey to Ahm Shere. We need the bracelet". said Hafez in Egyptian. Imhotep studied him. "Someone took it before us".