CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"I don't want to do this! stop pushing me!" Meela shoves Baltus Hafez away from her. "If you are so clever you do then. Go ON!" 

He snarled. "If you want Imhotep you do as I say! Tell him". She breathed heavily, storming out from her compartment searching for Imhotep.

She found him standing staring at the view while the train was moving. Gently she approached.

"Now I shall go to Ahm Shere and kill the Scorpion King". he said in ancient Egypt.

He turns to Meela, who is looking sexy as hell. That doesn't mean he likes her as his heart belongs to Evelyn.

"And we shall rule the world together. Me and my love".

Meela stops her track. She felt angry as Imhotep said that. Mentioning her name was the biggest mistake. 

She stops him with a glance, then looks at imhotep and steals herself. "We do not have the Scepter of Osiris my lord". she replied in ancient egypt. 

Imhotep looks at her, and then just smiles. "I do not need the Scepter of Osiris". His face hardens in anger and he gives her a bitter smile. "When they cursed me, they made me stronger than their gods!"

"My lord if I ask?" he studied her. "Why can't you love me".

"I'll show you".

Imhotep outstretched his arm to hers, she took it. Their backgrounds start to change, they are now face to face in Pharaoh's palace.

Meela looked surprised to be there. He spoke. "This is where I lived".

"Beautiful". she said.

At that moment, Princess Nefertiri came out of nowhere. Imhotep smiles, he points where she is. "You see that princess?" he asks, Meela nods. "She is the pharaoh's daughter Princess Nefertiri, the love of my life". 

Then suddenly Meela shoves her hand away from Imhotep in anger, she looks up at him.

"She's the one who you love the most, my lord? So did the boy's mother, does she look like hers?" Imhotep nods. "She's dead like over centuries ago".

"So did I am". said Imhotep.

She bite her lips. "I wish that princess is me so that you can love me".

"But I cannot love you Meela. Don't you ever force yourself to me".

Later that moment. Meela stomps her feet on the floor while she walks straight to the Dakota compartment. She was so angry at Imhotep, this boy is the place she wants to release her anger.

"What do you want?"

"Such a bright little child. Did you know that we have The Book of the Dead?" Dakota shakes his head. "So you know what I can do with that book on you?"

She licks her fingers and straightens his hair, very motherly. He shoved her away. 

"Your mother must be missing you terribly. If you wish to see her again, you best behave".

"Lady, I don't behave for my mum, what makes you think I'm gonna do it for you?"

"Because she wouldn't slip poisonous snakes into your bed while you were sleeping. If I were her I would". She smiles, then walks.

Jonathan and Ardeth are sitting alongside the cabin. Jonathan's arm is reaching into a porthole, scrounging around inside for something.

Ardeth is lovingly petting Horus. "Do not fear, my friends. They will not hurt him".

"How many times you want to say the same thing". ask Jonathan.

"I'm comforting your sister, my friends. They can not hurt him. For he wears the bracelet of Anubis. When they reach Karnac, the bracelet will show him the next step on the journey, and continue to do so until they reach Ahm Shere. It is written that the oasis of Ahm Shere is where Man began, and where his demise will originate".