Chapter 1: Escape

Skylar stared lazily out of her cell, she was waiting for night fall to make her escape. "If I can focus enough I should be able to break the barrier," she said. She the went to her bag and began to pack. "Ok what do I need," she pondered; she looked around her cabin and grabbed 3 changes of clothes, a bow and some arrows, her journal, a spell book, and a picture of here and her sister.... Her sister lily went missing 10 years ago. She was 8 at the time and her sister was 10, she and her sister were paying a visit to their mother when bandits attacked their domain and killed lily, they took the body with them for some reason; Skylar never knew why. But she knew she had to get out before she went insane. She looked out her window and saw a small Wyvern was sitting on her window ledge. "Hello," said the small wyvern, I am sapphire, who are you?" I am skylar," OH YOU CAN UNDERTSAND ME?! "Of course I can," smiled skylar. "That's so cool. " Ya it is," I am going to continue to pack because I am leaving tonight, if you can find me again one day, you can travel with me. But you also have to be a bit older," promised skylar. "Don't worry, us wyverns grow very fast!" And with that he leaped off the tower and flew into the forest below. "How funny," though skylar. "I should probably get to packing some more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar stood at her window Seal it began to use her magic on the barrier. Then she felt a shiver run through her whole body, it felt like her body was melting, she felt very peaceful of the time; but she knew she had to break down the barrier. So she stayed focused on her task at hand and it finally she would began to feel the barriers magic weaken. She then took a step onto her window seal and looked down, she saw some vines growing on the side of her tower, she began to wonder if they would be strong enough to hold her. She could try to use some of her nature magic to form a small rope to hold onto well she went down the tower. She really hoped she would have a enough magic to do it then she started to utter a spell, in the vines slowly begin to form together to make one long line which she could then use to climb down her tower. As she began to climb down Her footing began to slip, because the stone was so worn away she didn't have time to react and she started to slip down the whole thing, she lost her grip on the vine and she began to fall, "Welp this is how I go!"t

Then the vine magically wrapped around her waist and gently lowered her the rest of the way to the ground. "Thank the gods," she uttered. The she went to the left side of the building,and found her horse storm, now storm was no ordinary horse. He had wings, he could retract them if he wanted to; because humans don't need to see the horse because they could sell him for good money, it would take him away from Skyler and she would be heartbroken. As skylar began to climb onto the majestic horses back she was amazed by how many beautiful colors were in the horse, there were shades of gray, tan, Beechnut, Black, and chestnut. Then Storm unfolded his wings and began to gallop then took and leap and spread his huge wings and took off into the air. "Off we go storm, on a new life, new start, and new place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have found you my little one," uttered a dark voice. " soon I will have your blood and I can be released from my prision. Only 3 more blood for the demigods and my minions can open a portal so I can be set free." We already have 1 vile of blood, while my servant has the other Demigod and is getting his blood. The figure chuckled quietly. He knew that his time to be free will be coming soon.

A/N: hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading this chapter of darkest night have light, I will hopefully be posting 1 chapter every 1-2 weeks if possible. Also sorry for any typos! Thank you so much again, see you all  next chapter! :)