Chapter 4: Shifts

By the time skylar woke up, it was morning. She jolted up and realized she had missed her shift. "Oi Skylar," shouted Alvin, "are you coming?" "Ya hang on!"skylar then began to climb down from the tree. When she made it to the bottom, she say that everyone had already packed. "Wellll then. WHY DIDNT ANYONE WAKE ME UP!" " Johnathan told us you didn't sleep well so we let you sleep a little later," said Hope. Skylar looked over at Joanathan who smiled at her. She frowned then turned to Storm. "How ya Doing buddy? She questioned. Storm whines and put his head against Skylar. "That's a good horse you got there,"commented Ali. "Thanks" she smiled. "I've known him for a LONG time." "Are we all ready to go now?" Questioned Joanathan "I think so," replied Skylar. "Do you want something to eat fist?" "No, I don't get hungry that often. "Ok then, we are going to have to stop at a town along the way. Our.... "king"needs to make a deal with their queen." Skylar could see the everyone cringed at the mention of the king. She felt off ease and descided to change the topic. "Ok, we can all go I guess." Alright, let's head out,"said Hope. They all started walking west. Storm followed closely behind. "Are you not going to lead him?"Questioned Ali. "No, he knows to stay close to me." He must be a well trained horse then.""he is."

At noon they all descided to stop by a steam and have lunch. They all sat down to eat and Skylar descided to strike up a conversation with Johnathan. "So why did you not wake me up?"she questioned. "Hmmm? You were up late and I thought you needed the extra sleep, Ali told me you hadn't stopped in a while." "Well thank you, who covered my watch then?" "I did, I really didn't mind because I am used to staying up late." Cool" Just then Hope ran over to skylar. "Do you mind if I talk to you for a moment over here?" "Ummm.. sure." So Hope and Skylar went down by the stream. "What did you want to talk about? "Ohh ummm..." Hope the jumped up and grabbed Skylars arm and pushed her into the river. "HOPE WHAT THE HECK!" Skylar cried, "HAHAHA OMG YOU FELL FOR IT!" She laughed. Skylar jumped up and pulled Hope into the water with her. "HA" Then the three other boys came to the stream. "Really guys. Really."said Ali. Alvin just stood laughing and Joanathan was shaking his head. "Hehehe, it's nice tho," Skylar replied. She was floating on her back now." Ali looked amused now. "Eh why not." "Why not what... Ali jumped into the water and splashed everyone. "HAY"everyone yelled. He snickered. Then the 3 people swam around for a bit. Johnathan and Alvin watched from shore. 

After they all got out the sat out in the sun. Skylar felt the warm sun in her back, it  very relaxing. "We should all probably start heading to the other village now," said Alvin. "Agreed," said Johnathan. Let's go. Then they all started heading back to the camp, storm greater them with a friendly whine. "Such a good boy,"cooed Hope. Everyone smiled. They then all began to walk under the shady tree line. Heading off to the "new" village.

A/N: sorry this is kinda short and spread out. The next chapter will have much more detail. Again sorry for any typos and thanks for reading!