Chapter 3: Stragers aren't so strange

"My name's Jonathan," What's yours? "Mine is skylar... thanks for saving me." The boy smiled, "You're welcome, oh and this is Hope, Ali, and Alvin," he motioned to the people behind him. Hope looked close to Jonathan's age, so did Ali, and Alvin looked to be in his late 40s. "It's nice to meet you all," Skylar smiled. "Sooooo where did y'all come from...? "We can from a village not to far from here," said Hope. "We we're doing a patrol of the area and saw you needed some help." Ya, I guess I did, thank you again." Skylar then realized that storm still had his wings out... she spun around and saw that he had put them away. "Thank the gods," she uttered. "What's wrong lass, you look like you've seen a ghost," laughed Alvin. They all laughted at this, bedsides Skylar. "I did in a way..." "And how's that questioned Johnathan?" Well that bandit, he had a corrupted wolves soul..." "what's that" they all asked at the same time. "It's like when and animal dies, and it's soul goes up to the gods, people called soul benders can corrupt them and make them their slaves. They are never free until the owner sets them free, or the owner dies." "That's a lot... and very cruel." Muttered Ali. "It really is." There was a moment of awkward silence. "Well, scence you are traveling, you should come to our village," encouraged Jonathan. "How far is your village...." it's about a day and a halves travel from here," replied Jonathan. "We could stay here for the night and some of us could keep watch." Skylar thought for a moment. "You know what... sure why not." So they began to set up camp, Jonathan and hope went out to collect more wood while Alvin went to hunt. That left Ali and Skylar. "So why are you out here alone," he questioned, "OH! Umm, I just wanted to get out of the.. village... and explore." "So how long have you been traveling?" Three days and three night.." "HOLY COWS! That's a long time!" So you didn't stop and rest or anything?" "No I just ate on storms back and watched the terrain." "Well that must be a hard thing to do." 

Hope and Joanathan were the first back, Alvin following 5 minutes behind. "Well we got food and more wood, that good" said Alvin. "Agreed, we will head out at dawn," said Joanathan. "Ok" agreed everyone. "So who wants to take first watch?"  "I will"replied Joanathan. They all agreed to go in the order, Joanathan, Skylar, Alvin, Hope, then Ali. After they all agreed on the time. The four others went to bed beside the campfire. Skylar lay away for the next 30 minutes. She couldn't sleep. So she descided to climb a near by tree about 30 yards away. She claimed about 20feet into the tree and say down on a large branch. "Skylar, why are you still awake?" Questioned a voice. Skylar just about fell out of the tree. "Sorry, did mean to scare you,"snickered Joanathan. "I can not sleep. I feel unsafe on the ground." "I guess you have a good reason to, there are bandits and things to watch out for." He appeared to the brantch next her. "You should at least try and sleep."  "Ok I will..." Skylar watched Joanathan climb back down the tree and sit a little ways away in the ground. Skylar looked up at the stars and pondered the events that happened today. I stayed alive one more day... yay. She slowly drifted off to sleep, watching the stars twinkle in the sky. And with that, she fell asleep.

A:N/ hello people! Here another chapter, sorry for typos in this again. Thanks for reading have a good day!