Dancing with the Bad Boy

Author's Note:
He y'all! I'm here with a brand new chapter that I have little feeling you're going to love! Remember to comment and vote!!
Enjoy...

Song: Thinking Out Loud-Ed Sheeran

**********

I stared endlessly at my reflection in the mirror. Is this a little too much for just a work party? I mean Jake did say to wear my best dress so I assume it's fine. Right?

My long blonde hair cascaded down my shoulders in effortless waves and my makeup was actually pretty nice considering Tiani was the one who did it. Don't get me wrong. Tiani's makeup is nice but I'd never expected her to be this good. I was wearing a short burgundy coloured dress with a split, that Lucy gave to me. As soon as I told them what my plans for this week were they jumped on me to help. Why does everyone always insist that I need a makeover?!

There was a knock on the front door downstairs. Now or never.

"ALIYA!! YOUR BOYFRIEND THAT YOU'VE BEEN KEEPING SECRET FROM ME BUT I'VE KNOWN ABOUT THE WHOLE TIME IS HERE!!!!" Mum screamed to me at the top of her lungs. I froze in my path, blushing furiously. She's so embarrassing!!! I wanted to curl up and go die in a hole but figured I should probably go down and explain to her that he's NOT my boyfriend and never will be!

I rushed downstairs and headed to the front door where a bright red Jake stood before my mother, awkwardly trying to explain the situation. He was a wearing a suit that gave off this real bad boy businessman vibe which was super sexy if you ask me.

"Mum! Do you have to be so embarrassing?!?! We're not dating!!" I exclaimed as I rounded the corner.

Jake's eyes fell on me and his jaw literally dropped to the floor.

Dammit I knew I was overdressed.

"Woah," he breathed, scanning me up and down with his intense gaze. I felt SUPER self-conscious. I should've brought a jacket or something to cover myself up.

"Hmmm. SUREEE. You're OBVIOUSLY not dating, my mistake," Mum scoffed sarcastically as she looked between us with her arms folded.

"Chunky Monkey, when a boy looks at you like that, he ain't just your friend," she said all sassily with a snap of her fingers.

Jake was baffled, I was confused and embarrassed and mum started laughing uncontrollably.

"Ahh I'm just joking around kids, go have fun! Oh and Jake young man," she said urging him to come in closer. "Just remember that if you two...you know..."get it on", I want you to always keep in mind that life is so much sweeter when you wrap your Peter. Alright well enjoy yourselves!!" Mum exclaimed loudly as she quite literally shoved us out of the door.

We stood there for a few awkward seconds, not daring to take even a glance at each other.

"That was, uh" Jake began and cleared his throat. "Interesting."

"Yeah sorry about that. I think mum's just thrilled that I'm acting like a normal teenager. You know, instead of spending all my days doing maths I'm going out on dates with boys and-wait! Not like going OUT going out-er-like this is SO not a date. This-um-I-ummmm," I stuttered. I actually wanted to die of embarrassment.

Jake was now laughing his head off at me. Great. Juussstt great. I'd made a complete fool of myself and we hadn't even left my house yet. This was all going fabulously.

Jake calmed himself enough to speak.

"Shhh, baby let's not put a label on this. We want each other and that's all there is to it," he said with a wink and tugged me closer.