Should I Forgive the Bad Boy

Author's Note:
You're welcome!! 😘😘

***********

I sat up and looked out my window to see Jake standing at his own one sheepishly, looking at the ground with his hands behind his back.

"Give me one good reason why I should talk to you," I snapped folding my arms across my chest.

"Will this suffice?" He said holding up my diary.

Wow I forgot he had that. It feels like forever ago since he stole it. I rolled my eyes and wiped my tear stained cheeks once more so it was less obvious that I'd been crying. I waltzed over to my window and leant against the sill as if I were bored of this whole thing.

"Go ahead!! Go tell the school my embarrassing stories! Go share with everyone the time I fell in a trout pond at a school excursion! Go tell them how in love with Chase I was for all those years! I don't care Jake!" I yelled across, gesturing wildly.

"I don't have to talk to you ever again," I said about to storm off when he yelled back.

"Aliya! Please wait! I-I know that. You have no reason to listen to anything I have to say," he started.

"Correct. Are we done here?" I interrupted.

"Please, I'm begging you to just hear me out! I NEED to talk to you, at least one more time!" He pleaded.

I sighed and bit back a few more tears.

"Jake, please just leave me," I begged hopelessly.

"Aliya. You have to let me explain!"

"No I don't!" I shouted back completely done with him.

There was a small silence between us as my eyes blurred with tears. He looked...completely hopeless. I'd never seen Jake like this before. He looked miserable, like he hadn't slept in a week. His hair was a ruffled mess and he had huge bags under his eyes.

"I'm coming over," he said so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

"No you're not!" I ordered sternly.

"I am," he said as he climbed onto the ledge of his windowsill.

I let out a huge groan. "Ugh you're so irritating! You know what?! You can fall for all I care honestly. Go ahead and jump!" I scoffed. I was so over him and his antics.

"Please, we both know I'm too skilled to ever fall," he chuckled, though there wasn't much humour in his voice.

"Well I hope you do," I turned my back in annoyance and slumped down on my bed as I awaited the familiar clank and bang of him landing at my window. Instead however, it never came. Rather, I heard a sharp high pitched squeal.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned to see that Jake wasn't at my window, nor his.

I ran over to the window hurriedly, leant out and looked down to see Jake on the pavement bellow, sprawled out in an awkward position, unmoving.

"JAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!" I screamed and instantly sprinted away from the window, and tumbled down the stairs.

The only thought in my mind was Jake, wondering if he is okay. I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to him. What if he's DEAD?! The last thing I would have ever said to him was that I wished he fell. AND HE DID!! How was I supposed to know he'd actually fall?!?!

Tears I didn't even know I had left, escaped my eyes and I wiped them furiously as I ran. He had to be okay. He just had to.

I thrust open the door and sprinted outside around to where Jake was lying. I rounded the corner to see him still there, unmoved from his position on the ground.