Fixing Things with the Bad Boy

Author's Note:
Wassup my golden rays of sunshine?! Here is another chapter for you guys to read and enjoy! You're most welcome xxx

**********

"Ummm no...just...confused," I mumble looking away deep in thought.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVED the kiss. It's just that...well now I'm a bit lost. I mean did Jake just do it to make Neil walk away or did it mean something to him? My head is already starting to hurt from all this thinking.

"What's there to be confused about? It's no big deal," He chuckled, crossing his arms.

I look up at him, slightly hurt. I mean, that WAS my first kiss and although it was spectacular, it doesn't seem like it was as good for him as it was for me.

But that doesn't matter right? I mean, it's not like I actually LIKE Jake. I like Chase. I've always liked Chase...I think. Although, lately he hasn't been on my mind as much as he normally is. Maybe it's because I never see him anymore. I don't really deserve to after what Cheryl made me say to him.

I looked up at Jake's perfect face and sighed. "I-I need to go," I choked out and turned away from him.

"Aliya wait!" Jake exclaimed grabbing my forearm.

"What?!" I snapped, my sudden outburst of anger surprising both me and him. Where did that come from? Why do I feel so upset? I don't feel anything for this guy so why should I care that we kissed. He obviously doesn't.

He flinched at my reaction, slowly releasing my arm. "Nothing...nevermind," he said lowly, before storming off into the crowd, leaving me alone, lost in an ocean of thoughts and worries.

**********

I ended up leaving straight away after my kiss with Jake. I definitely wasn't in a partying mood.

I didn't bother telling Tiani and Lucy. I'd decided to message them once I got home. I couldn't face their questions when I hadn't even worked out the answers to them myself. I walked all the way home, because I'd arrived in Tiani's car and she wasn't going home anytime soon.

With my luck, it started to rain. Of course. Miserable whether to go hand in hand with my miserable mood.

But why was I feeling so upset? That's the question that bothered me the whole way home. Maybe I....no surely not. I like Cha-oh stuff it. I like Jake!!! There!!!!! I said it!!!!

...

Oh. That wasn't so hard. Yeah, I guess I kindasortamaybedefinitely like Jake. But I can't. I shouldn't. We're friends, or at least we were. I'm not sure what we are now.

If I like Jake, our friendship could be ruined and I've lost too many friends to risk loosing another.

I got home, absolutely drenched. Mom had a night shift so I was left alone with my thoughts and innermost feelings to ponder.

I had a warm, comforting shower before slipping into bed. As I lay there awake, thinking over my newfound feelings towards Jake I couldn't help but wish he'd jump across to my window like he did that one time.

I, Aliya Paterson like Jake Henderson, the bad boy next door. But I can't ever risk him finding that out.

**********

So here I am. Standing awkwardly at Jake's door, waiting for either him or Shayla to answer. I fiddle with the ring my dad gave me when I was younger before he disappeared nervously and bite my lip.

I decided this morning that I needed to sort things out with Jake. He's actually a decent guy deep down and I am NOT giving up another great FRIENDSHIP. That's all we are. Friends. Okay now I just have to repeat that in my head over and over again for the rest of the morning and I'll be fine.