•[11]•

"Hello?"

"Is this Izuku Midoriya speaking?"

"Yes"

"Hello Izuku, I'm sorry to inform you that your mother's in the hospital"

"What"

"I recommend coming as soon as possible"

"I will thank you"

I hung up and stood for a moment, unable to move. I felt tears building in my eyes and tried to keep it together as I moved in the classroom to talk to Mr. Aizawa.

When I told him the situation he nodded and let me leave so I bolted out the room and to the hospital minutes away from U.A.

My thoughts began to go crazy with what happened. I couldn't think of any good reason until I looked towards the city, maybe she was hurt the day that Nomu started destroying things. This only made me run faster until I was at the entrance doors and pushed them open to run to the counter.

"I'm looking for Inko Midoriya"

"Who are you?"

"Izuku Midoriya, I'm her son"

She nodded and led me right to her room that wasn't far from the main doors. I opened it up and found my mom with her eyes open weakly.

I went to the foot of the bed and looked at the description on the clipboard that read she was in critical condition after being buried in rubble from the previous attack on the city.

I ran to her side after reading that and grabbed her hand right and her eyes slowly moved towards me.

"Izuku. . ."

"Yes mom?" I said trying not to cry.

"I'm not as strong as you are," she began. "I want you to know if I don't make it-"

"Mom don't say that! Please,"

"Listen, if I don't make it I want you to promise me something"

I sulked my head and nodded as she put another hand on top of mine.

"I want you to promise me, that you will continue to become the greatest hero. You won't dwell if I die and you will continue to succeed."

"I-I- mom you're not going to die-!"

"Promise me Izuku! I'm so proud of you, I need you to promise me this. This is my one and only wish."

I was shaking as I squeezed her hand, letting tears drip onto bed as she gave my hand a tight squeeze.

"I promise" I mumbled.

I was too overwhelmed with this sudden situation, wondering why she would say something like that unless she knew she was going to die to notice that she wasn't gripping my hand anymore.

I looked up and saw her eyes shut with a small smile and the monitor was beginning to go flat. I abruptly stood up,

"Mom? Mom! Mom wake up!"

I was causing a huge commotion and when a few nurses came into check on me they called the doctors to try and bring her back while taking me outside.

I yelled and I cried, knowing I was making everything else worse for everyone else as I looked around so I sat down in front of her room and waited for a response from the doctors.