Chapter 7

I was applying eyeliner when my phone beeped on the dresser beside me. Ignoring it, I continue putting on my makeup. Seth was going to be here any minute and I was way behind time.

   I can't believe I actually agreed going out with him a second time, but I had a really good time last week at the club.

   Seth Parker knows how to have fun and I needed someone like that in my life. Not that Iris isn't fun, but she wasn't single which meant she was always unavailable. With all these cases that I am working on, I need to get loose now and again, and Seth Parker seemed like the right guy to get loose with.

  Maroon 5 ft Cardi B- 'Girl Like You' started playing on my phone, it was my new song obsession and also my new ringtone. I reach over and pick up my phone.

Speak of the devil and he shall call.

Putting my phone on speaker, I placed it back on the dresser.

   "I'm in the parking lot of your apartment." His voice sounded chill coming through the speakers.

    "I'm coming, give me two minutes," I said while looking for my matte lipsticks.

    "Okay, ten minute it is." I rolled my eyes at his statement.

     "I'll be there in a few." Finding my LA girls matt lipstick, I quickly open it and start applying it to my lips.

    "Decades or centuries."

    I jeer at myself. I wasn't that bad. I'm only a few minutes behind and that was because I totally forgot about him coming to pick me up tonight.

   "You know if you keep talking to me, it makes me move slower"

    He hissed teeth a little then respond, "Of course, I forgot women are terrible at multitasking." Before I could answer the line went dead.

     I rolled my eyes at his sexist comment. Everyone knows women are better at multitasking.

    I place the lipstick back in my makeup bag and start packing up the other stuff. When I was finished, I stand in front of the mirror and looked at myself. My makeup was simple and not cake faced. I look good.

   I moved away from the dresser and walked over to my bed taking a seat. I bent over and start putting on my heels that were at the foot of my bed.

    Standing up, I tug on my black dress because it slid up when I sat down. Grabbing my purse from off my bed, I exit my bedroom.

    "Bye, babies," I said to my dog and her sleeping pups.

   I took the key from my key stand and close the door behind me. I walked over to the elevator and pressed the down button. I did a silent prayer hoping that the elevator was empty when it came but god didn't answer it. When the elevator doors slid open Woody, a guy that lives on the 13th floor was in there.

He smiled when I walked in. "You looked great. Girls night out?"

   I looked across at the thirty-something-year-old man and offered a fake smile. "No, I'm going out with a friend."

   "A male friend?" And this just one example why I hate elevator talks.

    Don't get me wrong, Woody was a nice guy, but he talks way too much for a man. I always left the elevator knowing way more than I should.

    "Yes, He's male."

    "Ah! So where are you guys going?" Maybe because he was single he didn't have anyone else to annoy so he choices to disrupt his neighbour's silence.