Chapter 32

My mother not only did my makeup, but she also convinced me to change my dress when I told her that Seth was going to be at the party. I was currently wearing a red off-the-shoulder dress, a little above the knee and a red heels. I was shocked when I saw the red dress in my mother's closet, she said she was saving it for a special moment but I knew she kept it there to remain her what she was like what my age. Shoes wasn't a problem since my mother had amazing taste and we happen to wear the same size. 

  My makeup didn't turn out looking bad either, It was better than anything I could ever do. She even gave me a wing. I could barely do eye shadow and yet my mother was a makeup queen. 

   This evening was surely something that I never thought would happen in my adult years. It was the closest I've gotten to my parents in years and the bonding session between my mom and me made me feel so much better about myself. Especially now since I found out my mom is a great makeup artist and an even better friend. 

  I stepped out of my car quickly, I just finished talking to Iris on the phone and she was on the way here. I told her that I was leaving New York tomorrow and I need to see my best friend before I did. Iris being the sweetheart she believes that's running her to save me. 

   'Le Passion Rouge' was a garden that I'd come regularly when I feeling down or when I just wanted to enjoy the beauty of mother nature. 

"You're late, did you make the call?" Brandon asked me. I could hear the nervousness in voice. 

I smile, "Calm down, she's on her way. You're going to marry my best friend." 

He smiles, "You look nice."

I smile, "Thanks." I silently thanked my mother for dressing me. 

"Where are the cake and flowers?"

"My back seat." I opened the door revealing the 40X40 Chocolate Mocha cake and a Bunch of her favourite flowers, Dahlias. "These were not easy to get."

He smiles, "That's why you're her best friend."

I laughed, "Precisely." 

"C'mon. Let's get these out of the car." He grabbed the bouquet and left me with the cake. I sighed. 

  "I guess it's just you and me cake." I pulled the cake out and held in my two hands, then used my feet to close the car door. I start walking towards the set-up area, all my attention on the cake. I had a tendency to be very clumsy when I had important things to do and didn't want to drop it. Especially when it was our favourite cake. 

  "I'll take that." I left my head and my eyes met the green eyes that were still implanted in my memory. Before I could even process everything that was happening Seth took the cake out my hands and disappeared. 

  I sighed and started to walk towards the setup. When I arrived a few of Brandon's friends and Iris's parents and secretary. Brandon said the small the surprise party the less likely it was for her to find out that she was getting engaged. It thought it was a great idea. 

I walked over to my best friend's parents, "Goodnight Auntie Verona and Uncle Justin."

  The couple turned and offer a big smile, Verona pulled me in a hug then her husband shakes my hands.  "You're next," he said with a smile. 

I offered a small smile and shake my head. 

Verona rose her chin, "You're a beautiful woman, are you telling me that there is no man out there for you?"

I shake my head, "I do believe that there is a guy out there for me."

I just lost him.

She smiled, "Then you'll find him."