Chapter 33

Recap

   "He doesn't hate you, Kari."

    She looked behind me, "Instead of assuming he hates you, why don't you ask him yourself"

 I turn to look behind me where she was staring and my heart jumped at the sight.

  Seth Immanuel Parker, standing about eight feet away from me. He wore a fancy suit with a matching tie. He looked beautiful. I couldn't see his eyes because of the poor lighting in this area of the park but I see the stolid look on his face. 

 I swallowed, this was the last thing I expected. 

   After a few seconds of me staying couple silent, Iris stood from beside me and placed her hands on my shoulder. My eyes drift from Seth to my best friend. She gave me a small smile. 

  "Pour your heart out," she whispered then left me to staring after her. I managed to get my feet moving in his direction. When I was about three feet away from him I stopped. 

   I could see his face better, his face was still inexpressive. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I couldn't tell what he was feeling. He's here. 

 Which means he wants to talk to me. Maybe he wants me to talk first. 

 I should talk first. I caused all this pain. 

 "Uhmm, I guess you heard that." I swallowed. I was never good at talking about my feelings and now I hear ready to confess my love for a man who has been ignoring me for weeks. 

 Breathe

  I took two deep breaths still looking at him. I laughed a little and shake my head. "I'm terrible at these things." I looked at his face waiting to see his usually goofy smile but it wasn't there, I guess he wasn't let me off easy.  I didn't deserve to be let off easy. 

  I took more deep breaths and then explained, "I wasn't searching through your things. I woke up and you were sleeping, I was hungry so I went to the kitchen and eat a few pieces of garlic bread and I noticed the view and I went to look. When I was heading back to the kitchen I noticed that your documents were all over the place, it looked messy and so I started cleaning it up. I was never looking to find the files for the Samuels case. I didn't see the files for the Samuels case what I saw the McNeil case and I was fascinated by his story and so I started reading and I couldn't stop. That's what you saw."  

  I pause and took a deep breath then continued, "I didn't come to your apartment that night to look for information on the case, I'm not that type of person and I can't believe you actually thought I would do that." I paused for a second, "but then, I didn't give you a reason to not to think that. I always put my work first, not feelings and of course you'd think that I would do anything to win a case. After all, my job came first, doesn't it? 

  I sigh and ran my hands through my hair then continued my ranting, "I never placed my emotions before my job, until I met you. Well, until I saw you again. I never expect any of this. I didn't think I was capable of having feelings for anyone, especially someone like you." I laughed, "You're not my type. I like smart guys, not that you're not smart just not as smart as the other guys I dated. But that's not the point. The point is that I didn't fall in love with any of those smart men I dated. I fell for you, the humorous dude who I made out with the last day of school. By the way, you're the first person I made out with."

 I laugh at how unorganized my words were. "Seth, I love you." I  looked in his eyes with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes "I love you so much. I was going to tell you back. When you woke up, I was going to tell you that I loved you too. The reason I didn't respond because I was in shock and I needed time to process how I felt about you but now I can't take wait a next minute without telling you how much I love you and how sorry I am." A tear slipped from my eyes. "I'm not used to you being silent. Can you just say something?"