Chapter 12

I walked around the mansion making sure I stayed as far way from Seth as I can. To be seen with him would be too dangerous for my case and I wasn't going to let a stupid one-night stand with an ex-high school mate ruin my career. Even if it wasn't dangerous to my career, I still wouldn't want to be seen with him, especially after the way he acted.

  Walking over to a waiter, I took up one of the drinks off the stray. Since I wasn't driving back home, I could drink as much as I wanted and I wasn't going to court anytime soon.

  I walked over to the window and looked out at the back lawn. There was a big pool in the enter surrounded by grass. Along the grass were a few pool chairs. No one was in the pool but there were a few persons out there talking.

  Feeling a tap on my shoulder I turn around.

  "Still biting your nails, I see." He looked at my hands around the glass.

  Raising my brows annoyed but I reminded silent.

   "So, I guess you came here with Iris and Brandon as usual." I rolled my eyes at him and looked back out the window. "How have you been?"

  Turning around and glare at him. "Richard, I don't wanna talk to you. I'm not interested in how you are. I'm not interested in how much profit you made today so basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm not interested in you." I shake my head at myself. I can't believe I actually spelt with the guy. Thinking back on our relationship now made me see how much of a self-centred, money-worshipping, finger fetish jerk he was and this is.

  Brandon pulled up and turn to look at me, "Is he bothering you?"

   Richard lifts his hands in surrender, "Man, I wasn't trying to do anything to her." Richard was afraid of Brandon, how wouldn't be, the man was tall and full of muscles. He is a real hunk.

   "You opened your mouth so yes you bothered me." I look over at Brandon, "Thanks but I can handle this asshole myself."

 Brandon nods, "As long as your okay." Then he leaves.

  "He's always playing bodyguard."

 "Yeah, and you always playing the dick." I hissed.

  He laughs and shakes his head, "So, who's the new guy." I raised my brows at him not quite understanding what he was trying to say. "The dirty blond, he has been looking at you all night." Brandon turns his head to look across the room then back at me. "See, he's still looking."

   I turn my head in the direction that he had turned his in. Seth was at the end of the room around some men talking. We made eye contact for a second until he turned his head back. I rolled my eyes and turn back my head to look at Richard. "He's a prosecutor for my client, just the enemy."

  Richard shakes his head, "Yeah, he might just be the enemy to you but trust me you're not his enemy."

  "Believe me, I am." I had made myself his enemy when I denied him.

  "No man looks at his enemy like he's looking at you." Richard looks down at my dress then back at me, "Either you're his lover or he wants you to be his lover."

  "I'm nobody's lover." I voiced.

  Richard shakes his head, "It's nice talking to an old friend. Good to see you." he turns to leave but turn back, "Don't let the poor guy wait too long."

  Ignoring his statement, I brought my drink to my lips. I couldn't tell exactly what I was drinking but I knew it was something strong. I drank down some more because I could not understand why Seth is ignoring me yet is staring at me across the hall.