Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch30

The invincible Duke of Zhen-Bei of the battlefields was defeated by the Bai Pingting who did not fear death.

He was not convinced nor willing to submit.

Just that when he looked into her two eyes, all of the displeasure and dissatisfaction disappeared.

Who told him to harden his heart or use ruthless means?

Who knew Pingting would expose such a beaming innocent smile from seeing his expression or by relaxing his brows, show even the slightest bit of compassion would result in so much in return, making it truly the world's most worthwhile action?

Bai Pingting was as relaxed and free as a willow branch swaying in spring breeze. She felt merry. She understood that compromises were useless and, in all fairness, intended to take the initiative to recover from her eight months of suffering.

Until then she would get out of the bed to admire the snow.

Hongqian cleared out the pavilion and asked Moran to bring the qin, before fetching the alcohol.

Chu Beijie had yet to enter the room when he already heard the sound of qin floating through the walls.

He paused, narrowed his eyes and listened.

Distant and light; calm and happy.

As free as clouds drifting, as strict the orbits of the moon and stars and an ample laziness that made anything seem possible with time.

Only mountains would stand quietly, straight and unyielding. Numerous small animals were on the mountain, not afraid of the wind and snow. The moment the snow stopped, out they came with snowball fights. They dug snow caves and picked the final few pinecones of a tree, forming a scene of fierce competition. What exhilaration!

Chu Beijie couldn't help himself, but he wanted to be closer to the qin sound. Proudly, he turned into the courtyard where there was a small pavilion, a guqin, good alcohol, some servants, and the incredibly merry, yet incredibly lazy woman who held his heart.

Ping! The qin sound was stopped by an abnormal noise.

Chu Beijie paled in shock. His mind raced as he flew into the pavilion. "What's wrong?"

Pingting lowered her head, holding her right hand. Her index finger had been sliced by the sudden break of the string, causing a single thin wound.

"Why are you so careless?" Chu Beijie's eyebrows were tightly knitted. He grabbed the soft hand. "Does it hurt?"

Hongqian peered behind Chu Beijie, hurriedly saying, "I will get the medicine."

Bright red blood slowly escaped from the fingertip, forming a thin stream. Chu Beijie's thundering expression was both from anger and frustration. "Why play qin on such a cold day?" He remained irritated by the red blood. He grabbed the white jade finger and placed it in his mouth, causing the taste of blood to melt in his mouth.

Pingting couldn't help laughing, her eyebrows forming crescent shapes as her wound was licked by Chu Beijie's fiery and moist tongue.

"Still laughing?" Chu Beijie's face darkened and used his imposing General attitude to suppress the surrounding air. "You mustn't be so careless next time." He let go of her finger, no longer bleeding, and grabbed her by the wrist. "Let's go into the room."

Pingting refused to budge.

Chu Beijie turned back to look at her. "Hm?" he asked with a frown.

Pingting's energetic eyes were rolling and lazily held up the other, perfectly intact index finger, "This one also wants to be kissed by the Duke."