Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch40

Pingting wanted Zuiju to use the seven needless on her yesterday. She had felt uncomfortable after temporarily changing her pulse. Even though she had only played a few songs on the qin to test the Princess of Yun Chang, she had used up all of her available energy to do so. She laid on the bed, the familiar fragrance of Gui Le wafting in her nose. She knew that she was having yet another dream of the Jing-An Ducal Residence.

Everything was so calm and serene.

She comfortably played and joked around with He Xia, utterly carefree.

Time skipped to winter. The two were scared of the cold but wanted to stargaze at night. They had wrapped themselves in layers as they sat on the bed, watching until late into the night. When they got tired, they hugged each other to sleep without a single worry.

The two had been brought up together, did everything together. Despite their different opinions and personalities, they never thought such a thing was dirty and never realised that men and women were different.

The seniors in the Residence knew that Pingting's identity wasn't even enough for the lowest rank for a concubine, so they turned a blind eye to their relationship.

The fragrance of Gui Le was the scent of the Jing-An Ducal Residence.

Pingting loved this scent, saying it was comforting. Its fragrance was often present in her Master's room too.

She had her own room, but her Master's room was hers too. She had touched all of the interesting things in the room and entered all the time.

"It's a little warmer if I hold you." A seven year old boy said, full of desire to protect like always.

"Open the window."

"But Mother will yell at me again." Even though He Xia said this, he didn't hesitate to jump out of the snug bed. He pushed open the window and agilely wriggled back in, hugging the pale-faced Pingting. "It's so cold!"

"Winter ought to be cold."

"Go on! Who was the one sick in bed two days ago?"

The two young children chattered on, the echoes ringing in the ear.

She groggily woke up and saw He Xia's familiar face jump into the corners of her eyes. Pingting shrinked back, widening her eyes.

It wasn't a dream.

"What's wrong?" He Xia opened his eyes, smiling as he asked.

Pingting sat up and turned away, "Why is Master sleeping here?"

"We used to..."

"The past is the past, the present is the present." Pingting stopped, fuming. "We've grown up."

He Xia had rarely seen Pingting angry and couldn't help feeling a little shocked. It was a while before he sneered, "True, we've grown up, and our hearts have changed too." He got off the bed, picking up his own clothes to put on.

Zuiju had curled up by the wall and slept through the night. She heard some muffled sounds and rubbed her eyes, standing up in the corner. The useless stone remained in her hand.

He Xia saw her and he turned back to Pingting. He lowered his voice, "No need to worry, your maid is even more worried than you are. The object in her hand has caught the light of the sun. No matter what I do, how could she possibly even begin to stop me?" He had always been a charismatic man, but after this night, even though he had no ill intentions, his charisma was completely shattered in their eyes until not a trace was left.

Pingting had known He Xia for all these years. The two had an unbreakable bond, but she had never put the feelings between man and woman into it. Even when she had heard about being taken as his wife, she had never thought too much about it. Hearing He Xia's words just then made her feel both scared and angry. Her face paled.