Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch50

The Bei Mo army had started its journey home.

On the way there, Ruohan received a letter from Ze Yin, passed by the returning messenger.

His fired up battle heart sank at the previously unknown news.

The thin letter in his hands seemed to be very heavy. He sighed as he looked at Sen Rong. "Miss Bai has died." The man who was now the highest ranking general had a layer of frost on his face.

Gone, that remarkably graceful female advisor was gone.

She had died in the cold Songsen Mountains, her remaining bones had been scattered to all directions by wolves. There was only a luminous jade hairpin left behind, gleaming in the snow.

Who knew that strange woman who organised troops in Kanbu and freely interefered with the Dong Lin army would have such a fate?

Sen Rong hesitated for a long time before lowering his voice to ask, "Is this true?"

It was unbelievable, utterly unbelievable.

Bai Pingting, she had once used one song to make several hundreds of thousands retreat away from the Kanbu walls.

Just one song.

"The Main General's wife has also fallen ill." Ruohan hesitated before bitterly smiling, "We were all wrong."

Sen Rong was puzzled.

Ruohan explained, "It was because Chu Beijie didn't know the exact location of Main General Ze Yin's secluded residence, so he intruded into the army camp, saying lies to threaten us. He followed our messenger to find Main General Ze Yin."

Sen Rong's expression changed, "Doesn't that mean..."

"He didn't go to kill anyone but to find someone. He was looking for his Duchess, Bai Pingting."

"Risking his life to enter the army camp was not for national affairs but for love?" Sen Rong was frozen for a long time before he spat out a long breath. "So Chu Beijie attacked Yun Chang for Miss Bai, not simply an excuse, but a true desire."

Ruohan nodded. "Correct. Now that Miss Bai has given her life to the Songsen Mountains, it seems that Chu Beijie's ambition has been ruined. Although my Bei Mo has a deep hatred for him, he is still a truly rare hero in this world."

It was a pity and regrettable.

One was a hero, the other was a beauty.

It was a joke from the gods.

The two generals had both accompanied Pingting during the battle of Kanbu and deeply acknowledged her. After a silence, Sen Rong lowered his voice to say, "No matter what others think, I have to find a place to pray for Bai Pingting tonight. I must get the general in charge of food supplies to prepare some good alcohol and food. Also, I'd like to have the remaining pots of high-quality alcohol in the barracks. Main General, I know that military drinks are not to have alcohol, but could we please drink freely under the moonlight?"

"Why not?" Ruohan mournfully sighed. "Tonight, all of the generals that had participated in the battle of Kanbu shall drink through our pain for the loss of Miss Bai."

How could they not drink, drink to forget their pain?

Why could this world not accomodate a person like Bai Pingting?

Why was the sky so gray and dark, so much that it was ominous? Or perhaps when one's eyes were blindfolded and unable will reality be seen?

She had once been like snow, its fragrance had spilled into their nostrils, cleaning their lungs.