Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch38

Yun Chang.

He Xia was standing before the table, calmly rolling out the latest report from the army. He turned to see his wife.

"Don't worry, Princess. The Dong Lin army has been subjected to a long period of war and have depleted forces. Yun Chang is completely fresh and has been prepared for a long time." He Xia's voice was relaxed. He smiled faintly.

Princess Yaotian gracefully sat down onto the table, studying her husband who just returned from a long absence. His face was as handsome as the first time she'd met him. His calm tolerance remained the same except for a little more invisible satisfaction in his expressions.

"Are we really going to war? During the alliance with Bei Mo's forces, Prince Consort said that it was just a way to force the enemy to stop so they would realise my Yung Chang's superiority without having direct clash with the enemy army."

He Xia carefully studied the expression on Yaotian's face. His softened his voice, "Is Princess afraid?"

Yaotian sighed faintly, "Chu Beijie is a famous general and Dong Lin's army is at work. How could I not be afraid seeing so many Dong Lin troops camped at our border for so many days? Not to mention, even if Bei Mo is an ally to Yun Chang, what if they do not keep their promise and attack us while we are held up at Dong Lin's border?"

"He Xia apologises for worrying Princess." He Xia stepped forward and lovingly touched his wife's face. His voice was attractive like a magnet as he whispered, "Please place all of Princess' fears and worries to He Xia. He Xia promises not to let Princess feel even the slightest concern."

The pendants of her heavy coronet worn at her forehead blocked a portion of the light in Yaotian's eyes. She straightened her neck and studied the depths of He Xia's eyes. The light shimmered in her own as she sweetly smiled, "With Prince Consort here, how could I worry?" She lowered her head but was stopped by He Xia's fingertips resting on her chin.

She couldn't help but involuntarily raise her head bit by bit alongside those fingertips. A warmth met her lips and the heat swelled. In one warm breath, he entered her lips and between her teeth.

The soft kiss gradually increased.

Yaotian was dizzy with the kiss, her blush spreading past her ears. She finally managed to wriggle away from He Xia, her heart anxious to jump out of her chest. She raised a hand and tidied the loosened strands, looking at a distant mirror where she saw that her ears had reddened. She gave He Xia a look of mock resentment and anger, murmuring, "Seriously, Prince Consort. This is the Royal Residence, not the Prince Consort Residence. If the maids saw this, how could I face them?"

He Xia heartily laughed, "Spare me, Princess. He Xia left Yun Chang too long and has dearly missed Princess so he became a little uncontrollable there." He lowered his voice, "Would you like to come tonight to the Prince Consort Residence? The Dong Lin army is currently assembling so I will have to leave for the border in a few days to deal with Chu Beijie. I don't know how long this battle will take and I have no idea when I'll be able to come back to see Princess."

Yaotian's ears were still steaming from his warm breath, and her heart was thumping crazily. She lowered her voice, "Isn't Prince Consort tired? You only returned late last night to the capital and entered the Royal Residence early morning next day. You certainly did not have a good sleep."

Their private room's air suddenly seemed heavy when they heard the slight sound of footsteps from the other side of the curtain.

A silhouette appeared and stopped behind the curtain. Luyi respectfully said, "Report to Princess, the Senior Official would like to see you."