Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch53

When Gui Changqing learned of Bai Pingting's death, it felt like the huge stone in his heart had been put to rest. He was so happy he immediately raised the soldier in question, Fanlu, to a city govenor, after strictly telling him to keep it a secret.

He didn't quite exactly know whether the situation had really improved, but it seemed that the hanging clouds of unnecessary loss of life over Yun Chang had suddenly dispersed. Not only did the war not begin, Chu Beijie was still utterly distraught over the matter about Pingting and disappeared. Dong Lin was an entire mess now and was completely incapable of threatening Yun Chang. The command flag in the Prince Consort's hands had also returned to the Princess as there were no more wars to be fought.

"Haha," laughed Gui Changqing, overcome by his emotions, "It seemed this Bai Pingting step was done well."

He did hope that others wouldn't find out Bai Pingting's death had to do with Yun Chang. He had kept the secret for several days, waiting until Bei Mo had openly mourned and spread Bai Pingting's death to the rest of the world. Only then did he head to the Royal Residence to tell Princess Yaotian.

"Died?" Yaotian was taken aback. She lowered her voice, "Didn't I tell Senior Official the battle is over hence it's fine to leave Pingting to her own life and death. Why didn't you let her go?"

"Princess misunderstood. How could I not obey Princess' orders? Bai Pingting attempted to bypass the checkpoints of the Yun Chang border, thinking to enter Bei Mo by crossing the Songsen Mountains. Unfortunately, her wisdom brought her to her demise. She met wolves in the mountains."

Yaotian was dubious. She remained silent for a while, before frowning, "Does the Prince Consort know?"

"The news has already spread. Prince Consort should already knows." Yaotian sighed heavily. Gui Changqing was curious, "What's wrong, Princess? Bai Pingting died a premature death. Is this not to the benefit of Princess?"

Yaotian's smile was bitter. "If Prince Consort knows that Bai Pingting died, his mood must be terrible. If he's upset, how could I possibly not be either?"

Gui Changqing saw Yaotian deeply cherished He Xia and was secretly alarmed by this. He quickly changed the subject. "Come to think of it, last time Princess gave an Order to build the army a treasury and granary. I have temporarily suspended this Order."

Yaotian looked at Gui Changqing surprised. "Military affairs are urgent. Even if we hurry, it's still not quick enough. Why did Senior Official suspend it?"

"I think, this isn't quite right."

"He is a dignified Prince Consort. What isn't quite right about him being in charge of a single treasury and granary?"

"Princess, listen to my words." Gui Changqing stood up and took two steps forward. His tone was very warm. "The Prince Consort already has military power, and the only thing that can control him is grain and money. If he has both, what else does Princess have to rein back the Prince Consort?"

Yaotian sighed faintly. "I know Senior Official is thinking about me. However, I am already husband and wife with the Prince Consort. He has been working hard day and night for Yun Chang, however, we keep suspecting him and trying to hold him back. Senior Official, is that really okay? He and I are now one. Don't forget, his future son will become the master of Yun Chang one day."

From ancient history and even now, the feelings between man and woman had always been the most difficult to organise. Many people had fallen into its trap, and they could not be pulled out whatsoever.

If Yaotian was a normal woman, this kind of thinking was utterly perfect in every way. However, she was the representative of Yun Chang's Royal House.