Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol02 Ch36

He Xia was located on a high ledge of the mountain, gazing eastwards with his hands behind his back.

In the heavy snow, in the quiet residence underneath his eyes, hid a person called Pingting.

Pingting, his maid of fifteen years, his playmate, and music critic. She who accompanied him as he read, watched over his sword practices, and clapped while cheering.

Who could easily give up fifteen years? From cute little children to a well-bred lady, Bai Pingting of the Jing-An Ducal Residence was also one of Gui Le's two famous qin players. She had truly been a budding flower in the valleys.

So many people had looked out for her; so many people had praised her.

He had quietly protected, cherished and took her to all sorts of places like the battlefield. He took her to see the amoured calvary and the dancing sandstorms.

She was supposed to be his. In these circumstances, she was his.

But he'd never thought he'd be forcing her to stay.

His Pingting was a phoenix with brightly coloured wings who waited for a man of indomitable spirit to take her by the hand and from there, unite.

That was her wish, her happiness until the end of the world.

Only He Xia, rather than Chu Beijie, should have the greatest portion of Pingting's heart.

Yet the one who had stolen her heart was Chu Beijie.

It could be anyone, anyone apart from Chu Beijie.

How could he allow his Bai Pingting to be with Chu Beijie, his sworn enemy? How could she stargaze with him, talk about life with him, sing for him and play qin for him?

He couldn't accept it. His gentleness as he endured parting with Bai Pingting was exchanged for someone as cheap as Chu Beijie.

He could feel the snowflakes flying with the wind.

The sky was almost dark. It was already the sixth today.

"Master?" Dongzhuo walked to the high place and stopped ten feet behind He Xia.

"Dongzhuo, your voice is both heavy and sad." He Xia's voice became serious as he asked, "Do you think Chu Beijie will hurry back in time?"

"No."

"Are you upset that Chu Beijie is unable to hurry back."

Dongzhuo shook his head, hesitating. He took his time before looking up and saying, "Master, please order us to attack. The residence has very little ability to defend and with Master's skill, it isn't difficult to capture Pingting alive. When she comes back with us, we can naturally persuade her to change her mind."

He Xia did not answer. His back, illuminated by the setting sun in the west, appeared very distant.

"Master, don't you feel any pity for her since we grew up together?" Dongzhuo had an unbearably sad feeling in his chest from watching He Xia's back. He knelt down and bashed his head onto the ground, crying, "Master, you know that Chu Beijie is unable to return, yet why do make Pingting's heart break by waiting?"

A dark light flashed in the depths of He Xia's raven-black eyes, a twisted pain that mercilessly surfaced. It quickly skimmed over his eyes and was gone.

"Not only do I need her heart to break," He Xia's eyes reflected the little dots of fire over at the residence as he grinded his teeth, "I need her to lose all hope in Chu Beijie."

As night fell on the residence, it became even quieter.

Even the outskirts of a graveyard could not be more silent. Not even the slightest sound of the snowflakes flying in the air could be heard. It seemed like an illusion to the eyes.