Chapter Fourteen

Percy had one place in mind. This time it wasn't the cemetery. This time it was his home.

To avoid drawing attention to himself, Percy forced himself to slow to a normal walking place instead of making a beeline for the apartment of Sally Jackson.

If Percy could recall properly, her house was still two blocks away from his position. There was a shortcut that weaved through a couple of back alleys. At the next opening to an alleyway Percy turned into it.

And there he was ambushed.

~~~~

Two of them had been lying in wait. Boss didn't know they were doing this, but testing the great hero's ability was something that got Lyla's blood pumping. Little else excited the the daughter of Nyx than the thrill of the chase.

Zachary had wanted desperately to tag along, but as he'd already revealed himself to Prince Perseus under the alias of 'Justin Peters', he could not go. Lyla couldn't go alone, just in case, so she dragged along the sensible Hamish, who refused to fight but would at least step in if necessary.

Lyla licked her lips excitedly as she stalked the Sea Prince from the rooftops.

"Here Princey, Princey, Princey..." she cooed softly under her breath. She was forbidden to attack in public. He needed to turn off somewhere. Anywhere.

And finally he did.

She saw him stop, tense and alert the moment she started laughing.

"HEY PRINCEY!" She sang as she dropped from the roof in a flying kick.

Hamish sighed, mentally face palming from his position. Lyla was a little insane, but powerful, hence why she was apart of the group in the first place.

Percy dodged the flying kick, leaping out of the way. Lyla had been expecting it and before she touched the ground she rolled. She couldn't help but giggle.

This is what she lived for.

"Let's play for a bit." She gave the prince a big toothy smile, filled with dark intent.

~~~~

After her encounter with Perseus, Natasha gathered the Avengers once again.

"Really, Nat? We're not puppies." Clint said. He was irritated and being pulled around.

"Percy isn't human." She stated matter of factly.

"What evidence have you got?" Steve asked. He would at least hear her out. Especially after seeing the photo album.

"I returned the album to Percy's room..." she began.

"Okay..."

"But when I walked in, I wasn't aware he was in there." She admitted. She was disappointed in herself for not checking sooner. Jarvis had told her Percy had gone out, but she hadn't thought to get the AI to alert her to when he returned.

"You did what!?" Tony yelled.

"Oh my god Nat." Clint sighed in dismay. "So now he's on to us." It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

"I suspect Percy is an Inhuman." Natasha said, recalling how the glass of water shuddered with Percy's anger.

"Inhuman?" Tony asked. He knew a lot of things, but 'Inhuman' was a foreign concept to him.

"A human with supernatural powers. They tend to have mixed blood with something else or an added chemical induced gene." Bruce supplied.

"Like Thor?" Tony didn't think that was quite right.