Chapter Thirty-Four

"Annabeth?" She smiled warmly back at him. Percy felt his knees faltering.

Blyke and Hamish did a double take at hearing the blonde demigod's real name. They'd always known her as Adamantine. They never knew that she and the prince knew each other.

"W-why? Why did you betray us, why-" Annabeth surged forwards and pulled Percy into a warm hug before he could react.

She buried her head in his chest, craving the sense of comfort once again. "For you." She whispered.

"No. Don't- don't tell me that." His voice came out brokenly. Tears welled in his eyes, but he didn't have it in him to push her away. He still loved her too much.

Percy wanted to believe that she was still the same. Still the Annabeth he had grown up getting to know. Her familiar body still fit perfectly with his. Her blonde hair still tickled the bottom of his chin.

"I'm sorry Percy, this won't kill you, but it will hurt." She mumbled, almost so quietly that Percy barely heard her. He couldn't process what she said.

What?

He felt her arm rising behind his back and stiffened.

His mouth opened in a silent 'O' when a piercing pain erupted in the small of his back.

In that spot.

Red spots clouded his vision as he felt on the verge of passing out. His body trembled with the effort to stay standing. The pain wouldn't fade, just kept pulsing anew.

And then she was falling.

There was a hole in her neck.

Percy couldn't hold her up in his condition.

Her blonde hair splayed across the concrete, her eyes full of pain as she choked on her own blood.

The hole was the size of a repulser.

Tony.

Tony shot her.

Blyke and Hamish rushed for their dying leader.

But without another word...

She was dead.

A wall of water shot up around the pair, keeping Blyke and Hamish at bay.

The pain from Percy's wound faded as water wrapped around his torso.

He bowed over her body, cradling her close. Her arms and head lolled limply, glassy eyes unseeing.

Anger, sadness, loss, grief.

Everything welled up inside of him at once.

Percy let it all out in the form of a loud, painful, raw scream.

And the oceans began to churn with his emotions.

~~~~

What? I never outright said she was dead...

Well I mean, she is now.

The graveyard scene with the headstone was symbolising that the woman he knew was gone, which also symbolises her betrayal. It shows her twist in nature and intentions.

Kudos to Annabeth_Jackson_12 , who knew Adamantine was Annabeth pretty much right from the start 😂.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama