Chapter Thirty-One

The picture has nothing to do with anything but just look at Hunter. Isn't he just adorable?

~~~~

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GUYS GETS HERE!?" Percy exclaimed as he swung open the door to reveal the Avengers lounging in the cabin.

"With difficulty." Tony muttered, irritated.

"Oh for Hades sake." Percy sighed. He was done with everything. He just needed a shower and some sleep. They could be dealt with tomorrow.

Shay hovered nervously in the doorway, eyes flicking between the two parties in the room and the exit.

Percy walked past everybody, heading straight for the bathroom, blatantly ignoring them.

"Hey, hey! Don't ignore us!" Clint shot up and grabbed Percy's arm as the demigod passed. Clint's appearance had become shabby and his face bore a few bruises. Clearly, they'd done a number on him.

"Let me go." Percy said, his voice low and dangerous, full of warning. His body hurt from everything he'd done today and being roughly grabbed and pulled and pushed around by people and gods was not making him feel better. He was sick of being used.

"Why are you suddenly on SHIELD's wanted list?" Natasha said. She looked to be in similar condition to Clint, who finally let go of Percy's arm, albeit reluctantly. 

Percy sighed and pulled his worn body onto the kitchen counter as the seats were full of people he'd really rather weren't here. Shay lingered in the doorway, opting to sit right in the exit.

"Fury said you stole something." Steve prompted, folding his arms. 

"I stole nothing." Percy scowled. Shay was not Fury's. Shay was a demigod and his own person. Technically, Shay was his own problem, due to the deal Percy made with the Olympians not five minutes ago. 

"Then what?" Bruce hadn't come, claiming to have some office work that desperately called for his attention. 

Percy pointed to Shay, who sat up straighter upon being placed under curious stares.

"Shay doesn't belong to Fury. I simply took him back." Percy said offhandedly. 

"Back?" Percy couldn't very well outright tell them about the gods so he came up with something else.

"He's one of my kingdom's subjects." Saying as much felt weird coming out of his mouth. Percy wasn't used to throwing such terms around. It was unnatural to him. 

"What was Fury doing with him?" Clint asked. 

"Not all people of our country continue to live and work in our kingdom. Some move to the mainland to work and build families." Percy said. He hoped nobody noticed the confused look on Shay's face. "Shay was an aspiring scientist and was hired by an enemy of SHIELD looking for somebody in his field of expertise. When SHIELD attacked one of their enemies' bases, they found and captured Shay. It's my job to bring him back to his own people for punishment. Shay revealed classified information on us to Fury and now he holds it over our heads." Percy said, drawing on what he hoped was the correct information on the son of Athena. "The trade is what was created out of this issue.

"Our race is more advanced than the majority of the human race. Fury wanted to take advantage of that, and he has. The trade was created for his benefit. In return for not making the information he has on us public, we must once every two years send him a member of our race. These people must be of a specific bloodline and meet certain standards.

"I've been sent to retrieve both Shay and the blackmail. That's the only reason I was sent as the next person for the trade. Enough insight to the situation now?" Percy finished.

Clint whistled. "Dayum."

"Now are you here to try to detain me, or are you going to leave me the hell alone? You're welcome to either option, but the outcome will not change." Percy said confidently. 

"What can we do to help?" Steve asked. 

There was silence.

"W-what?" Tony stuttered. 

"You heard me." 

Clint nodded along. "What Fury's doing isn't right." Clint thought of his own children and how he'd feel if they were sent off for such a trade. He would certainly attempt to get everything back. "Nat?"

"I only follow one person, regardless of their morals." Clint snorted in disagreement with her words. 

"You can't seriously sit this one out. Who cares about Fury right now."

"Perseus here isn't telling us everything either." She huffed. 

"I can't tell you everything. The other half of it is the blackmail that Fury has. Telling you lot the blackmail he has doesn't solve my problem, just makes it bigger." Percy said stubbornly. 

She sighed. She didn't know the prince very well, but there was something about him that just drew you in. He had this aura that made you feel like you could trust him. 

"Fine." 

"Tony?" Steve asked. He was the only one who hadn't stated his position yet.

"Urghhhh I suppose it could be a change of scenery." Steve smiled at his friend's response.

"But if this blackmail is so important, Fury wouldn't put it down on something. More than likely he is the blackmail."

~~~~

Thor was still uncertain as to what he was doing. He was concerned that he must be out of his mind. After storming out he'd decided Prince Perseus would still need help. Between this appearance of an ominous group of demigods and Fury's declaration of what was practically war against the Greeks, he needed someone who could help keep anything disastrous from happening.

Someone who could weasel his way out of almost anything. Someone who always had a plan up his sleeve and should his intentions be right could be an amazing diplomat. Somebody who wouldn't mind a little freedom.

Thor stepped into the dungeon of Asgard.

"Well, well, well. What could possibly draw the mighty Prince of Asgard down to the dungeons of lowly criminals such as myself?"

~~~~

Two guesses who that could possibly be.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama