Chapter Thirty-Two

"Well, well, well. What could possibly draw the mighty Prince of Asgard down to the dungeons of lowly criminals such as myself?" A tall, slim figure leered down at his blonde sibling. Despite the look of immense distaste, mischief and curiosity still danced in those magnificent green eyes. He wanted to know what could possibly lure an Asgardian of Thor's ranking down to his cell. "Don't tell me you require my assistance?"

Thor glowered at Loki through the transparent wall. He may need his help, but he wasn't yet willing to admit it.

"Come on, brother. It wouldn't kill you to say you need my help, would it?" Loki was enjoying this.

"I am willing to break you out of here in return for a favour." Thor said, completely avoiding what Loki wanted to hear.

"And if I don't go?" Thor started at the Trickster's words. "What if I am perfectly happy where I am?"

"You are not and we both know it."

"Oh but it's so simple, brother," Loki said the word mockingly. They were not brothers by blood. "Just a few little words."

"I. Need. Your. Help." Thor gritted out.

"Good boy. There you go. But I'll have to pass this one up, thanks."

Thor banged his fist on the wall, pulling his face closer to that of the careless Loki.

"Yes?" Loki raised an eyebrow in question.

Thor took a deep breath in order to calm himself.

"In return, I offer you freedom and the chance to meet a Greek Legend."

"Greek Legend?" Loki asked, curiosity spiking.

"Perseus Jackson, Prince of the Seas." Thor said. He hoped this could win the Trickster God over. Loki had always been interested in Perseus. He'd always been curious of his personality, if he really was as the stories told.

"I'm listening." Loki admitted, leaning back against the wall.

"The mortal man you once shot in the heart, Fury, has got a hold over the Greek Olympians.  He is declaring war on them. Perseus is in the heat of this for being sent undercover. Not to mention there is another group of demigods displaying dangerous levels of interest in the prince." Thor said. To him, kidnapping one of their own was a sign of war and took it to be the same with the Greeks.

"So what do you want me to do about it?"

"Intervene. Protect Perseus. Please, brother." Thor bowed his head.

"Perseus can protect himself can he not?"

"This time, I am not so sure."

"Very well then. This cage was beginning to get stuffy anyway. I suppose I could leave for a while. Nobody will miss me." And Loki promptly stepped out of the cell.

Thor gaped at him in shock.

"What? Did you actually believe that measly thing could keep me contained? As if." Loki snorted. "Now let's head off shall we?"

Thor just shook his head and sighed. He really needed to learn to stop being so surprised.

The breakout was fairly simple. Other than a few knocked out sentries, Loki's illusion disguise worked better than Thor was comfortable with.