7

louis is sound asleep at 2 in the morning but a feeling of unease overwhelms him which causes him to wake up. he looks around his room subtly and sighs when nothing is out of the ordinary. he falls back against his bed harshly and curses himself because now he can't get back to sleep.

"yeah, well. here i go," he states with ease, getting dressed in joggers and a hoodie and walking out his door before locking it. he hums as he exits the building and heads toward the 24-hour café down the street. he enters the door with a smile because nothing weird happened on his way over. louis greets the person cleaning tables and heads to a booth toward the back. said person comes over and louis orders a black coffee and a muffin. the bell rings again and he looks up and catches eyes with harry and he grins.

"hi," he says brightly, waving him over.

"hey, baby," harry says simply, sitting across from louis, unaware of the effects the pet name had on the latter.

"why are you here?" harry questions, pushing his feet toward louis' and folding his hands under his chin.

"woke up and couldn't fall back asleep," louis says, blushing when harry's foot nudges his. harry just hums and watches louis.

"how tall are you?" louis blurts, quickly looking down bashfully.

"taller than you," harry quickly responds, reaching his hand out expectantly and smiling when louis lays his hand in his.

"well, i'm 5'9," louis says proudly but winces when the man across from him chuckles.

"sure you are, love," harry chuckles, kissing his knuckles. louis scoffs and attempts to take his hand from harry's but the latter doesn't let him so he gives in.

"here you are and would you like anything?" the waitress asks, setting the beverage and muffin down. harry looks up and slowly shakes his head, smiling politely. louis thanks her before she goes back to scrubbing tables. he's just about to take a sip of his coffee when it's pulled out of his hands.

"hey! what's up with you?!" louis whines, trying to take his drink back but pouts when harry moves it out of his reach.

"you don't need coffee this late," harry claims, drinking it himself while louis looks at him bewildered.

"fine," louis mumbles, sighing, "i'll just eat my muffin."

"go ahead," harry says with amusement and fondness.

"well, aren't you goin' to take it from me?" louis asks after it's close to his lips. he sighs when the taller man shakes his head, muttering a 'whatever,' causing harry to grin. after the drink and food is gone, harry pays and leads louis home.

"thanks for giving me a good time, harry," louis says, resting against his door and wrapping his arms around his waist. harry nods and leans forward to cuddle the boy. louis sighs contently when harry's chin rests atop his head. they stand like that for awhile until louis yawns, making harry pull away.

"i'm gonna miss you, love," harry states sadly while louis looks at him with a confused face.

"i have to leave again. only for a little bit. 's alright, i'll be back," harry reveals, pressing multiple kisses on louis' head. louis sighs and pulls away, reaching for his door and making harry frown.

"i just wish you could stay and be with me," louis says in defeat. harry is quick to wrap the boy up in a hug and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. the smaller lad sighs again and backs out of it, leaning up to press a chaste kiss to the pink lips belonging to harry.

"goodnight, harry," louis says, entering his apartment backwards.

"goodnight, louis. i'll see you as soon as i can, baby. sleep well," harry states with a sad smile. louis blinks and he's gone.