Chapter 2

At dinner, Daisy remained quiet. She didn't want them to ask anything about her boyfriend. But unfortunately, it happened.

"So Dais... How school is going?" Sky asked.

"Good, I guess... Still in the head of the class," she laughed.

"Oh, that's great to hear," Sky said.

"And what about your love life?" Brandon teased her, and she chocked on her food.

"Excuse me??" she asked shocked, making Brandon laugh even harder.

"Relax, I'm just teasing!" he laughed.

"But seriously, do you see anyone?" he asked seriously.

"Brandon!" she got mad.

"What, I just want to know if there's some guy that I need to kick his ass as a warning," he said, making everybody laugh – except for Sky's parents, who glared at him.

"Sorry..." he mumbled.

*****

Before she went to sleep, Daisy texted her boyfriend.

Daisy: My brother was almost onto us!

Captain: What?! What did he say??

Daisy: Nothing, he just asked if I was dating anyone and I said no, but it really freaked me out...

Captain: Well, that's safe enough... Speaking of safe, how about you'll come to my place tomorrow? XD

Daisy: Seriously? -_-

Captain: C'mon, I'm just teasing! But I really have missed you... Being in Linphea again made me remember our first meeting there...

Daisy: Stop it, please! Look, when it will be safe enough, I'll come to visit you this week, I promise.

Captain: Really promise?

Daisy: YES! Now go to sleep :*

*****

The next morning –

Everybody woke up to the nice sound of the singing birds. Except for Daisy – she woke up the sound of her alarm, since she needed to go to school.

"Damn... Why can't I stay in bed like the others today?" she thought out loud.

She got dressed when she got a text from him.

Captain: Hey, good morning! How about you'll come after school?

Daisy: First of all, it's morning and I'm tired as hell, so it's not a good morning. Second, it will be dangerous because your friends might know about it. I'll call you later from my school, ok?

Captain: K. Be safe xx

Daisy went to have breakfast and then got off to school.

*****

In the first recess, she called him, making sure that nobody listened or watched.

"Hey, captain..." she said.

"Hey, Dais," he said on the other side.

"Look, I've missed you so much, but trust me when I say it's not safe for you yet," she told her.

"No, I get it... But I really have missed you, you know..." he told her.

"I know... I missed you too..." she said.

"Look, I'll try to find a way to come to you, but it's not gonna happen today," she told him.

"I know, I get it. Well, how everybody else are doing?" he changed the subject.

"They are all good. You know why they're here, right?"

"Yeah... Bloom and Sky's wedding. It's about time that will happen!" he laughed.

"I know, right?" she laughed as well.

That's when the school bell rang, so she had hung up the phone.

*****

Back at the palace, the Winx and the Specialists were enjoying the fresh air in the garden.

"Ah, that's just such a beautiful day!" Layla said.

"I know, right? It feels like it's the perfect day for..." Brandon said.

"For..?" Sky asked.

"For anything!" Brandon said, making everybody laugh.

'I wonder what Riven is doing right now...' Musa thought to herself.

And as if on a cue, Bloom said, "Hey, do you think that we should find out where Riven is? I mean, he's still our friend, after all."

"Yeah, that would be nice to invite him to the wedding..." Sky nodded.

"Hey, guys!" they all heard from behind them.

"Hi, Daisy!" they all said at once.

"What were you guys talking about?" she asked and sat next to her brother on the grass.

"Oh, Bloom and Sky were just thinking if they should try to track down our friend Riven so they can invite him to the wedding," her future-sister-in-law, Stella said.

Daisy's eyes widened in shock.

"Really? Well, I can do this for you, if you want," she suggested Bloom and Sky.

"What? How?" Sky laugh.

"Trust me, I have my own connections," she said and left.