Chapter 5

Riven couldn't believe his ears, and so did Musa, who rushed back inside.

"P-Pregnant?"

Daisy nodded.

"Look, I'll understand if you will not want to be a part of it, but you're the only one who knows except for Dr. Carson, so please don't ruin it and tell anyone else!" Daisy begged him.

"No, I won't... I just don't know how I'm feeling about this right now..." He said, sitting down on the fountain.

"Look, how about we'll forget this for now, and we'll go back in and at least try to have fun?" she suggested. He sighed and the two went in, just to meet everybody's shocked faces – and Musa and Brandon's angry faces.

"What now?" Daisy rolled her eyes.

"Is it true what Musa just told us?" Brandon asked.

"And what did she tell you?" Daisy asked, and he lowered a little to her.

"That you are having Riven's baby!" he whispered, but loud enough so Riven could hear it too.

Daisy's eyes grew wider as she looked up at Musa, who grinned evilly. Then she just took off as fast as she could from the place, with Riven chasing after her.

"Brandon, is everything ok with Daisy?" Marilyn asked.

"Yes, she'll be fine. She will tell you later," Brandon said and went back to his friends.

*****

Meanwhile, in Daisy's room –

"That's it, I'm doomed!" she cried.

"Hey, you're not doomed! I'm here with you, ok?" Riven hugged her.

"No, Riven, you don't understand!" she said through her tears, "if the king and the queen will find out, they will kick me out of the castle!"

"What? Why?!"

"Because that would be a shame for the kingdom! My parents have executive positions in the kingdom, and if the king and the queen will know that their teenage daughter got herself unintentionally pregnant with you, they will kick me out before the whole kingdom will know!" she told him.

"Then maybe I should start making some room for your stuff as soon as I can," he told her as he caressed her bare leg which was on his lap.

"What?" she looked at him confused.

"Yeah, you don't expect me to leave you and my child on the street, do you?" he smiled at her.

"Really? You're gonna do it?" she smiled at him back.

"Yes. I guess we'll just... going to be a family," he told her, making her feel better.

*****

A couple of hours later, while the party was still on, Marilyn was still worried about Daisy, so she decided to check how she is. She went to Daisy's room and knocked on the door a couple of times.

"Daisy? Daisy, honey, are you alright?" she asked, but there was no answer.

She decided to just enter the room, so she slowly opened the door. She could see kind of weird light in the fully dark room. Apparently, Riven and Daisy fell asleep spooning with the TV on.

Marilyn just smiled and shook her head, then she took the blanket and covered them both and lowered the volume of the TV. Before going out, she noticed that Daisy's purse she used for the party was open and things were falling out, so she decided to put everything back – a tissue package, a lip stick, her phone, and... "What is that?" she asked herself as she picked up the round box of pills. She looked at the label to see what they included and what they were for.

"...Migraines, stomach aches and headaches. Recommended for pregnant women," she read. Was her daughter pregnant? She had to know. And who else could know except for Dr. Carson.

She went down the hall to his office and knocked madly on his door until he opened.

"My, hello Miss Marilyn! What can I do for you?" he asked.

"You can tell me why you gave my daughter these pills, for a start!" she yelled at him.

"Woah, sit down first... Look, I promised Daisy I won't tell anyone until she tells you," he told her, but she didn't mind.

"Look, just answer with yes or no – is my daughter, Daisy, pregnant?" she leaned very close.

"...Yes," he confessed.

"Oh... Oh my god... Oh my god, she will be kicked out from the palace," Marilyn sank into her chair.