Chapter 8

Sky's car stopped by the new restaurant Riven talked about earlier. But unlike Riven, Sky and Brandon could afford eating there. After being lead to a table, the three of them sat down and Sky began to talk.

"Look Daisy, what we're about to say is only because we love you and we care about you. You do know that having a baby is very hard, right? Changing diapers, waking up in the middle of the night, and the things it will do for your body..." he said.

Daisy looked at him for a moment, then said "Ok, what else you got?"

"Daisy, please, try to be reasonable. Why do you even want to keep this baby?" Brandon, her brother, said.

"Excuse me? Are you trying to tell me to abort my baby?" she sat up straight in her chair and leaned forward to him.

"You know what, yes, I do. That way you could come back to live with mom and dad in the castle and live the good life instead of living with Riven in that little place and expect him to support you and the baby!" he said.

"I don't need to hear this anymore," she got up and left the restaurant. She called Riven to come and pick her up. In five minutes Riven was there with his motorcycle and the two left the place.

*****

Once they arrived home, Riven insisted she will lay down on the couch.

"Now tell me, why they wanted to talk to you?" he asked as he sat on the other couch.

"About the whole baby thing, what else?" she told him.

"Brandon literally asked me to abort the baby!" she told him, and he became really pissed.

"He what?!" he asked and Daisy nodded

"Yeah. They tried to convince me not to keep the baby. Like they could do any better with Bloom and Stella..." she said. Riven couldn't help it but laugh at her comment. He could already imagine how hormonal Stella would be when she'll be pregnant and how poor Brandon will be.

"Look, don't worry about them anymore, okay? Because you've got me, and you've got your parents, and that's all that you need," he said and lied down on her stomach and kissed it.

"Speaking of which, you never told about your parents. They need to know they are about to be grandparents, right?" she looked down to her.

"Oh, my parents?" he sat up again.

"Yeah... Is everything okay with them?" she sat up as well.

"Well, um... I've never told you that, but... I'm an orphan. My parents died when I was a baby and I've been living in an orphanage in my home planet, Callisto, until I was 16 and started to study in the Red Fountain," he told her. She could tell he was holding his tears back.

"Why didn't you tell me about it in the first place?" she asked him.

"It's not something I talk about, or proud of..." he gave her a weak smile.

"Well, um, anyway... Next week I'm having my first ultra-sound. None of my parents can come since they have an important meeting, so it's just you and me. Unless you don't wanna come," she told him.

"What? Of course I'm coming! I won't miss to see my little boy," he smiled at her.

"You do know there are 50% chance that it's a girl," she raised a brow at him.

"We'll see about that," he pushed her playfully.

*****

One week later –

Daisy and Riven were sitting in the waiting room for the doctor. There were other pregnant women who were in different stages of pregnancy. Daisy looked around nervously and couldn't stop tapping her foot. Riven shook his head and laughed at her.

"Come on, you have nothing to be nervous about!" he pulled her into a hug when her name was called and they walked into the doctor's office.

Lying on the examine bed, the doctor put the cold gel on Daisy's stomach and started to check her. The couple carefully looked on the monitor.

"Now, you see, it is currently in the size of a pea, and-," the doctor pointed at the screen.

"Now, tell me, is it a boy? It has to be a boy, right?" Riven asked her.

"No way, it has to be a girl!" Daisy said.

"Well, it is very early to know, but would you like to hear their heartbeats?" the doctor smiled at them.

"Excuse me, their heartbeats?" Daisy asked.

"Yes. Congratulations, you two are having twins," the doctor smiled at them.

"Riven, can you believe this? We're having twins. TWINS!" Daisy cried tears of joy.

"I can't believe it either! I can't believe it... I love you so much," he teared up as well and kissed her head.