Chapter 9

Going back home, Daisy kept to daydream about the twins they were going to have. TWINS! She liked the sound of it. She couldn't wait to tell her parents and Bran- oh wait, Brandon didn't want to stay in touch with her.

Arriving home, she immediately called her parents. Luckily, they were out of the meeting by now.

"Hello, Daisy, sweetie!" Marilyn picked up her phone.

"Hi mom, are you with dad?" she asked.

"Yes, I am," Marilyn said.

"Great, so put us on speaker!" Daisy said and did the same.

"Okay, we both hear you!" they could hear Leonard say.

"Okay, then, congratulations! You're going to be grandparents of not one, but two babies!" Riven announced and Daisy laughed.

"OH! Oh, Riven, Daisy, that's amazing!" Marilyn said on the other side.

"We know! So when do we see you, guys?" Daisy asked her parents.

"Hopefully soon! Oh, these are such amazing news," Leonard said.

"We know! We hope to see you guys soon," Riven told them.

"We hope so too, but right now we are entering another meeting, so..." Marilyn said.

"Okay, so we'll talk to you later! Bye!" Daisy said and hung up. Then she sat there in silence, staring at the phone.

"Thinking of Brandon?" Riven asked.

"I just wish I could tell him as well, but he doesn't want to do anything with it," Daisy sadly said.

"Hey, now," he said and pulled her into a hug, "one way or another he'll find out, and I'm sure that once he will, he would be happy to be the uncle of these two," he put his hand on her stomach.

*****

Three months later -

Daisy was now three and half months along. She was about to graduate high school. The only one at school who knew about her pregnancy was her best friend, Sabrina. Even the teachers didn't know.

At the graduation day, Daisy's parents arrived. Daisy hoped to see Brandon as well, but he didn't show up. But Daisy herself started showing, now that she was three and a half months pregnant with twins. But the graduation robe managed to hide it, and also she wore lots of big, lose t-shirts at school to hide it.

Riven wasn't there either. He had a shift at the restaurant in the center of the city, where he works at the bar. Apparently he's a pretty good bar tender, and he gets lots of tips (and phone numbers) from the ladies. Plus, it would've looked weird if he came to her graduation.

Or at least that's what he told her.

Arriving to her and Riven's little home, her parents escorted her in, when Daisy noticed everything is dark but full of candles.

"What in the world..." Leonard started to say when Riven came down the stairs.

"Riven? What's this all about? I thought you were at work and that we're meeting you there later," Daisy said, still confused.

"Yeah, I was lyin'... But it was to make you this surprise, and I'm actually glad that you, Leonard and Marilyn, are here so you could be our witnesses," Riven explained.

"Witnesses? Of what? Ow!" Leonard asked confused while Marilyn elbowed him.

"Daisy, you know that's a little bit of trouble for us get married in a public place at this time, but all I want is to marry you right here, right now, in our own little ceremony," Riven said and pulled a little box with two silver rings in it. They looked pretty expensive.

"Riven, what... how much did they cost?" Daisy asked him worried.

"Does that matter? All I want to know is if you're willing to this or not," he asked.

She hesitated. She took a big, deep breath, then picked out a ring and said "I do" and laughed. Riven smiled and took out the other ring.

"I, Riven of Calisto, take thee, Daisy of Eraklyon, to be my beloved wife – and mother of my children – in sickness and health, until death will do us apart."

He slid the ring onto her finger.

"And I, Daisy of Eraklyon, take thee, Riven of Calisto, to be my beloved husband, and father of my children, in sickness and health, until death will do us apart."

She slid the ring onto his finger.

Looking at each other's eyes, almost welling up, they kissed each other.

Leonard and Marilyn, looking from the side, were also very emotional. Riven and Daisy then hugged and Riven called them to join in.

Whipping her tears, Marilyn said "Now we have another reason to celebrate! Shall we go now?"

"Sure, but I'll need turn off the candles first," Riven scoffed.

"And I'll help you," Leonard said.

"And I need to put these robe and hat away," Daisy said, and went to the bedroom accompanied with her mother.

*****

At the restaurant, they all raised a glass of wine (and orange juice for pregnant Daisy) for Daisy's graduation and sort-of marriage.

"Mom, dad, we really thank for this lunch," Daisy said, reaching out hand to her mother.

"It's really nothing, sweetheart. But actually, I think it's time for your graduation gift," Marilyn told her.

"Graduation gift?"

"Yes, well, actually it's a gift for both of you. Or should I say, four of you?" Leonard tried to joke.

The two couples were driving for about half-an-hour until they reached a pretty big house. You could even say, a mini-mansion.

"Mom, dad, what is this?" Daisy asked them confused.

"Just consider it as a humble gift from us," Leonard said.

"If this is humble, I can't even imagine what they'd give us when they're being extra," Riven whispered to Daisy.

"Uh, mom, dad, we can't have this, you can't be serious," Daisy protested.

"Now, now, we promised we will help you financially, and that's what we do. Now, enjoy your new home," Leonard gave Daisy the keys.

Daisy went to open the door, the others are behind her. Looking around, they saw the place had two floors and so many rooms just in the first one! A giant TV in the living room and –

"A pool? Is that a pool?" Riven asked himself out loud. As he got closer to the yard, he realized it is a pool.

"Oh my god, that's a pool. YES! Woohoo!" Riven screamed as he ran to the pool. And jumped into it. With his clothes.

"Well, thanks a lot," Daisy told her parents sarcastically.