Chapter 14

Fury's POV
"No."

I was surprised. "Excuse me?"

"You are excused."

I heard snickering in the background but I didn't care.

"Why would you say no? I'm offering you a spot on the Avengers."

Percy sighed. "I just don't want too."

"You'll be saving the world, helping the innocent. You'd be a superhero."

I'm pretty sure he didn't intend for me to hear, but I heard him mumble, "Exactly."

"Why don't you think about it? In the mean time, I am inviting you to meet the Avengers."

"But I already met them."

"To get to know your future teammates."

I saw Percy make eye contact with with a girl with blonde princess curls and stormy gray eyes.

I looked around the room and realized these were the people he was talking about. His friends and family.

Before he could say anything, I said, "If you go tonight, maybe tomorrow you can bring your friends and show them around Stark Towers."

Some of his friends gave pleading looks, but the blonde girl looked at me and raised an eyebrow. She seemed to know exactly what I was thinking, calculating every outcome. She then spoke, "Percy will go, but I get to go with him."

I saw a girl with kaleidoscope eyes and a short latino elf bounce around.

I looked at Percy and he nodded.

"Okay, come on."