Chapter 5

Jerz

I drove through the hood waiting for the lil soldiers to call my phone to head to the trap house. I turned on to Perry Road, and noticed Dino hanging on the block with his girl and little boy. I parked right in front of them. His son ran up to me giving me his secret hand shake and then hugged me.

"Uncle Jerz!" Little man said.

"What's up little man" I said to him picking him up for a hug. Little man looked just like his daddy, there was no denying him. Sasha was in love with Dino, she would ride for him until death and he knew that to.

Dino was a Dominican man standing six foot tall. He had bushy brows and a tattoo right under his eye. I met Dino in high school when I was playing ball. We were the illest on the team.

"Yo, Jerz let me holla at you real quick."

We walked away from Sasha and his son leaving them standing by the corner store.

"We bringing in a lot of cash now son, and I think we should ask for more product now."

This man must have been stupid. The money was good but I wasn't about to get greedy. We all were eating good and living good, I didn't want to bring heat to the team.

"Lay low Dino, for real. I don't want the cops getting suspicious."

Dino nodded, but I knew he thought I was making a mistake. "Well could we all have a meeting with homie from Atlanta?"

This man had really lost his damn mind. "He ain't meeting with nobody but me and Shawn. That's how it's been for years, you know that shit." I dapped him up, "man I gotta go. Hit my line later on."

"Bet." Dino said.

"See ya Sasha, and little man be good alright."

Little man nodded holding on to his mother's hand.

I got on my phone and dialed Shawn up, I knew we had to keep an eye on Dino. He was bugging lately.

********

Maya

I had been worried about Yanira lately, and usually she was the one worried about me. I couldn't have asked for a better friend, and I damn sure wasn't about to let anybody touch her again.

I set beside her handing her a bowl of ice cream and the remote from the coffee table.

"May, I swear I'm alright." She said to me with a mouthful of ice cream.

"I know your alright, but I want to make sure that fool doesn't try anything else." I said hugging on her arm. "I would put a bullet through his dome girl for you I swear."

"See, thats why your my bestie." She laughed. "Ouch!" She held on to her fractured jaw. "Girl he did a number on my ass."

Yanira was the sweetest woman I knew, and would do anything for anyone. Lisco took her for granted to many times. I knew she was hurting.

"You need your pain medicine?"

Yanira shook her head no. "I'm fine. Your acting just like my mama, I had to send her ass home yesterday."

My cell phone rang, and I picked it up. Shawn had been calling all day, but my concern was Yanira. I put the phone back down.

I turned to her, "so what do you want to watch?"

"Oh hell no, Maya don't even act like I didn't see your phone buzzing, who was that."

I laughed. "If you must know nosey, it was Shawn."