11

Yanira

I set by the lake in Jerz's back yard watching the sun rise. I had a cup of coffee in my hand, and alot on my mind. Jerz had been so good to me, from the shopping sprees and dinner dates. I couldn't ask for a better man. Jerz kept my mind open to new things and he was funny but a little controlling.

After the club he had made love to me for hours and I needed that. I was falling so hard for him.

I heard a crash inside the house, and went running inside. "Jerz are you ok?" I called out coming into the kitchen.

Dino set at the island in the kitchen with his head down.

"Are you ok?"

Dino looked up to me his eyes blood shot red. "Your friend fucked up the best thing ever yo."

I set across from him on one of the stools.

"Sasha found out about us."

My eyes grew big. "You've been fucking Maya?"

He nodded. Maybe Jerz was right about Maya.

"Sasha came over this morning and all hell broke loose. Sasha beat Maya's ass and-"

"why the fuck y'all niggas keep fucking with that bitch man?" Jerz walked in the kitchen. "First Shawn then you. Is the pussy that good to lose everything?"

"It ain't even like that. But now Sasha won't let me inside to see my son."

Jerz wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Maya is a hood whore, and you need to be getting your woman back."

Dino agreed and dapped Jerz. "Can I stay here for a few days."

Jerz nodded walking to the refrigerator for some orange juice. I became angry.

"You need to stop talking shit about my best friend!"

Jerz looked at me like I had lost my mind. "Why are you taking up for that girl, you see what she did to Dino."

"Dino grown he was the one fucking around on Sasha. He's to blame as well." I grabbed my purse off the table and walked away. I called a Uber and set outside to wait.

Jerz walked outside and carried me back inside. "Let me go!"

"You not going nowhere until you calm down!"

I set on the sofa pouting. "If you can't respect Maya then I doubt I can be with you."

"Why do you keep taking up for her behavior Yanira?"

"That's my best friend Jerz!" I screamed trying to get up from the sofa but only to be pushed back down.

Jerz rubbed his head, "go up stairs and get dressed."

"No I'm leaving!"

Jerz looked at me with so much anger. I got up and went upstairs to take a quick shower. I called Maya to see if she was okay.

"Hello." She answered.

"Hey Maya, I heard what happened. Are you alright?" I asked.

Maya broke down and cried. "Sasha is so mad at me Yanira."

"It's going to be ok, I promise."

"Are we still down with that thing?"

I held the phone close to my lips. "Yeah it's a go."

"Good, I need to get out of here fast. Nira I love you."

"I love you to Maya." I hung up and hopped in the shower.

Jerz

I had this feeling that Yanira was up to something. I stood outside of my bedroom listening to Yanira's conversation she was having with Maya. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but I was going to find out.