21

Yanira

"Oh my God." I whispered to myself covering my mouth. I let the gun fall from my hand as I scooted to the top of the bed. "What did I do?"

Deon held his chest stunned that the gun went off. He looked from his chest to me. His eyes asking me why?

"I'm sorry Deon." I cried. I watched Deon fall to his knees then his back. "I'm sorry." I kept repeating as he took his last breath. I got up and dressed picking up the bags from his feet and headed for the door. I had to go before someone reported the sound of a gun going off.

I got to the elevator and placed sunglasses on my face. I held the two duffel bags and when the elevator sounded I got on, stopping the elevator to place the two duffel bags in the opening at the top, closing the ceiling I started the elevator back up. I  headed toward the rental Deon had purchased with his fake I.D. I set in the driver's side and cried. I knew I had to do it, but I really did love Deon. I remembered. The first time I seen him, and smiled.

Jerz.

"What the fuck you mean Maya is gone? Where the fuck is Shawn.?" I screamed at the guards who were supposed to be keeping an eye on this bitch. Apparently these fools weren't on there jobs.

I looked around at the quiet men and wanted to dead all four of them. "Am I talking to my fucking self?"

"Shawn told us to take a break." Andrew the youngest soldier stated. The others nodded agreeing with him.

"The fuck you mean Shawn? Dino!" I called for Dino who was in the living room with his girl Sasha. "Where the hell is Shawn?"

Dino shrugged his shoulders. "Man I haven't seen him for a few hours. He had said something earlier about going out to find Yanira, but that was it."

My anger had reached it's peak. It seemed nobody was running shit by me and I was furious. I pulled out my phone and dialed Shawn's number only to get the voicemail. "Nigga you think you're running shit huh? Bring Maya back or I swear I'll kill you bitch!" I hung up and warned the men in the room not to fuck with me. I was on a war path and anybody in my way was going to die.

"Jerz, why would he take that bitch and dip?" Dino asked me.

I pushed Dino out of my way ignoring his question. I pushed Sasha against the wall and headed for my car. Somebody was going to feel my pain.

"Yo! Come in here now!" Dino called out to me from the front porch.

"Nigga not today!" I yelled back walking toward my car.

"You're going to wanna see this man."

I turned back around and headed inside where the six of them were staring at the television. I got curious then seeing that the news channel was on.

This is Caroline Sanchez with ABC 13. A man from Norfolk, Virginia, Deon Witcher has been found dead at the Hilton Plaza at South Beach Florida this morning. witnesses say that they heard a gun shot coming from this room. When police arrived they found 29 year old Deon Witcher by the bed with a gun shot to the chest, no one has been charged, but evidence are being collected at this time. Anyone with any information in the murder of Witcher please call crime stoppers or the number on the screen....."

Everyone looked at me, and I felt like everyone knew what I was thinking. Yanira.. she was a cold ass bitch. "Let's go to Florida." I stated and headed for the door. "Two hours."