Chapter 16

Deon

Those fools were breaking into Maya's house, obviously looking for the money Yanira had took. I set in my driver's seat of a Cadillac with tented windows. I was sitting  on the next block with Maya beside me, and Yanira in the back.

I passed the blunt to Maya. She was laughing at Dino and Shawn who was going through a empty house.

"Did they really think I would be there?" Maya inhaled the smoke, and passed it to Yanira.

"I'm good. I'm just so nervous. Where's Jerz?"

"Probably at your job." I said to her. I was looking through the rear view mirror at her. She looked at me and turned away.

I decided to pull off, and head to the motel an hour out of town. We had one more thing to do before we headed for another state.

I noticed Yanira was quiet in the back seat. I wanted so badly to put her mind at ease. She was 45 million dollars richer. I didn't understand why she was so worried.

We got to the motel, and we entered the room. There was two double beds, and a twenty five inch television. Yanira flipped on the bed beside Maya.

"I think we should head to the Bahamas." Maya said rubbing her hands together. "Or maybe Mexico."

I looked over at Yanira. She was deep in thought. "Are you ok YaYa?"

She nodded playing with her fingers, "just alot on my mind."

Maya rolled her eyes. "All you should be worried about is this dough, and what we will be spending on."

My sister always got some foul shit to say. I didn't understand how Yanira could put up with Maya's whorish ways. Ever since Maya was younger, she would always put her needs before everyone else. I guess that's why she dragged Yanira into this. She didn't give a fuck what happens to Yanira, I didn't care what she said.

"I know, but uprooting my life will be hard."

Maya again rolled her eyes. "What ever Nira. Look, I'm heading down stairs for a bite to eat, do y'all want something?"

Yanira told her no. When Maya was out the room, I set next to Yanira. I placed my arm around her shoulder. "You know you don't have to do this."

She smiled at me. "I do."

"Why?"

Yanira sighed, and placed her lips against mine. "Because all I ever wanted was you."

Yanira and I had always been close. I would call her from prison a couple times a week. She would sneak over when I was out of prison to see me. I never admitted to her but I had always been in love with her. No other woman could compare to her. Shit I would lay my life on the line for Yanira, and she knew it to. That's why I had to kill Lisco. He had hurt her.

"You've done so much for me Deon."

I wanted to make love to her again, but with Maya not knowing about us, that was out of the question.

"We just have one last thing to do, and then we're set baby."

She nodded and kissed me once more. I felt bad about using her the way we did. Yanira was pure, sweet, and everyone who meets her falls in love. I know I did when she was sixteen and I was twenty. I knew she didn't need a thing like me, so I left her alone.

"I'm back." Maya walked in the door holding a bag of food. "There's not alot of people here so that's good."

I got up to sit on the bed ajacent to Yanira. I watched her interact with Maya.

"So what now?" Maya asked me.

"While there out looking for you and Yanira, we'll head to the trap. Yanira, do you remember where that was?"

"Yeah I do." She said.