1.3

1.3 commando app

"Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions

"Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apocalyptical environment: high school," Davenport said.

"It's not that bad, Dad," I say.

"Says you!" He yells. "Wait-Did you just call me Dad?"

"Yeah. Is it- is it weird?" I say.

"No it's just- I'm really happy. Wow! I've never heard someone call me Dad. Come here, I want a hug." I chuckle, walking over to hug him.

"Ok! Great! Now back to the ones going to school for the first time," I say.

"Right. Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

"Yes! I'm going to school!" Bree exclaims.

"I'm fairly stable!" Says Adam.

We then turn to Chase and Dad says, "But, Chase, I am still concerned about your Commando App."

"Commando App? Put on some underpants. We're going to school," Leo says and I roll my eyes.

"No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike. It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. And I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad," Dad explains, and Chase rolled his eyes, through the explanation...A lot.

Chase then said, "Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head."

"Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?" Dad said.

"Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel," Adam said.

Davenport stays quite and then suddenly says, "You know, letting Chase go to school, isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out."

We all groan. "Oh, come on, Big D. Chase has to come. With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right, y'all. Put on your coats 'cause I'm about to ride your tail!" Leo says and I roll my eyes.

"Don't worry. We'll make sure he stays out of trouble. Right, guys?" I say.

"Yeah. It's one for all and all for one. Unless, of course, you guys make me look bad, in which case, I am dropping you lame-os," Bree says. I cough. "Oh except Kat, she's already cool."