1.8

1.8 bionic birthday fail

We are watching Adam, Bree and, Chase in a mission simulation

We are watching Adam, Bree and, Chase in a mission simulation. They have to interrogate the rebel leader, but instead, they hurt him.

Dad closed the simulation and turned to Adam, "Adam, that was the Rebel Leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him."

Adam then replied, "I did, and his answer was, "Aaaaah!"

Bree walks up to us, "Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel? What? I'm just sayin'. It's not gonna kill you to add a little somethin'-somethin' for the ladies."

I lean to her and whisper, "I'll figure something out." She smiles.

Leo then gets on the simulator, "Step aside, amateurs. Go ahead, Big D. Set it to "awesome."

"Leo, these goggles are not a toy," Dad says, taking them off Leo.

"Come on! My birthday's coming up-- Globally known as "Dia De Leo," Leo said.

"No it's not, " I say, earning a glare from him.

"No. I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics, not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it," Dad explained to Leo.

"Well, how about as a birthday gift you give me a bionic ability?" Leo says and I smile. Like that's ever gonna happen.

"Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while," Dad says and walks away.

"So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?" Chase says getting up.

"Fourteen," Leo answers.

Chase then laughs and says, "No, seriously." I slap his arm lightly.

"So how are you gonna celebrate?" Bree asks.

"We're all going to celebrate. Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party," Leo says.

"Really?" Adam asked.

"Last year she baked a cake the size of Leo," I exclaimed.

"I'm not gonna brag, but I was delicious," Leo says. Adam and Bree smile, while me and Chase look at him weird. Yeah there was definitely a better way to say that.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Tasha walks in, "Guess what? I just found out that I won an award for my undercover reporting on expired produce: "Something in the crisper can kill you."