1.5

1.5 rats on a train

5 rats on a train

"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates," Dad says. "So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out." I smile and nod.

"Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign," Dad says as Chase gets in his capsule.

"Bring it!" Chase replies. I move and stand in between Leo and Dad. Dad turns on the frosted and we wait.

Leo then says, "Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather."

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath," Bree says and I laugh.

"I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day," Adam says and I smile.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not," Dad says.

"I can handle extreme cold," Leo reasons.

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum," I say and Dad nods.

Dad then gets a call and we follow him around as he talks and walks back and forth. "Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something," he says and hangs up.

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam asks.

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!"

"Well, then what was awesome?" Bree says and I nod.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour," He says.

"Ho ho ho ho!" Leo laughs excitedly.

"My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" Dad says.

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" I say.

"No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train," he reasons and I nod.

"Well, if I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, "I brake for cows."Adam says and I smile.