Chapter Eleven: B*tchier

Soomi's POV

"So, what have you been up to these years, Hobi?" Miyoung gazed at Hoseok with sparkling eyes, completely ignoring my existence.

I rolled my eyes and decided to just study the fancy restaurant we were in. A lot of business people are here, and even the waiters have fancy accents. In short, I feel so out-of-place with my crop top, jeans, and Converse. I feel so basic.

"Your food is now served, madams and sir." A french waiter said, sprawling our food on the table.

"Thank you!" We all said to him.

He smiled and then excused himself to serve another table.

"Let's dig in." Miyoung said.

I ate my steak silently, while Miyoung talks to Hoseok. This went on for a while.

"Do you like your food, Soomi?"

"Huh?" I jumped when my existence was finally noticed.

"I asked if you liked your food," Hoseok chuckled.

"Oh...yeah!" I smiled. "Can we go hang out now, oppa? Just the two of us?"

I whispered the last part.

"Oppa?" Miyoung wondered. "Are you his girlfriend?"

"No! Goodness no." I blushed, rubbing my arm.

"She's my adoptive sister, Miyoung." Hoseok explained.

"But I thought Da Won's your noona..." Miyoung raised her brow at him.

In a second, the atmosphere was awkward. All of us fell silent.

"Da Won noona...she died weeks ago." A tear escaped from Hoseok's eye.

"Oh my gosh." Miyoung gasped. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"Thank you." Hoseok sniffed. "Her apartment was caught on fire and she suffocated."

Miyoung stayed silent and tried to comfort Hoseok by rubbing his back.

"Hoseok oppa, please stop crying. It's all in the past now. I'm sure Da Won wouldn't want to see you cry right now." I said with a sad smile.

Hoseok immediately wiped his eyes and huffed, "You're right, Soomi. I should get over this. It'll only hurt me even more."

After a few minutes, the three of us exited the restaurant and Miyoung clung to Hoseok's arm again.

"Hobi, let's go to the Han River! We could catch up there." She cheered.

"Alright, let's go." Hoseok said and hopped inside Miyoung's car.

I was about to get on my bike, but a hand gripped onto my arm so tight, I could feel long and sharp nails digging into my skin.

Miyoung.

"Ow! That hurts." I pulled her hand away and examined my wounded arm.

"Listen, Soomi," The way she said my name was filled with sarcasm. "I don't want you interfering with my relationship with Hoseok. He's mine only! I will make him mine!"

"What makes you think I'm interfering?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"Your presence, enough, is a distraction." She growled. "Now, I want you to hop on your little bicycle and go freakin' back home. I will tell Hoseok that you had diarrhea, so you had to go home immediately."

"Is that suppose to scare me?" I squinted my eyes at her.

"Bitch, I would kill you right here, right now, if I didn't have enough patience with me." She pulled out a pocket knife from her pocket and secretly poked my stomach with it.

"So, I suggest that you go home, now." Miyoung glared fiercely into my eyes and poked the knife even harder onto my stomach.

I had to hold in my cry of agony and keep a straight face.

"Alright." I whispered and got on my bicycle, heading towards my house.

I didn't know that girl back there was bitchier than me.

-----

Hoseok's POV

Miyoung got inside the driver's seat with a grin.

"Shall we go?" She asked, turning the engine on.

"Wait," I opened my window and looked around the area. "Where's Soomi?"

"Oh, she had diarrhea. She told me that she had to go home early." Miyoung said.

Weird. Soomi always says farewell to me whenever she has to go home.

"Let's not worry about her, Hobi. I'm sure she's fine." Miyoung smiled and drove towards Han River.

Is she really fine?