Chapter Twenty: Naive Little Mouse

Soomi's POV

The tour was finally done and Mr. Yang gave me a 2-week vacation. I used that to find my parents, along with Hui helping me.

"I'm not sure if visiting their house will help me find them, Hui." I said, inserting the spare key that I had into my parents' house's keyhole.

"You never know, there could be some clue as to why they were kidnapped." He shrugged.

I sighed, "Let's just hope so."

When I stepped inside, nostalgia hit me like a hurricane. I grew up in this house and it feels so empty and cold now.

I looked around and saw that the furnitures were all un-organized. The dining table was slanted in its place and the picture frames were all broken.

"Oh my gosh, they were chasing around the house." I breathed out, a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Who?" Hui asked.

"My parents and the criminal."

I continued to look around and spotted a small piece of paper on the stairs.

I opened it with a fast-thumping heart.

Soomi,

Want to find your parents? Or hear their cries?
Go to the place where your hope lies.

-Anonymous

"What the f.ck?!" I yelled.

"What? What happened, Soomi?" Hui ran back to me.

"The criminal left a note..." I gave him the letter.

"What does he mean by where your hope lies?" He asked.

The heck? How would Hui know that the criminal is a man? Something's fishy here...

"Let's see," I started to think. "Hope lies? Hope...hope...hope! Hoseok's friends call him J-Hope, and lies must be where he lives! Maybe Hoseok's house has a clue!"

"Well, let's go!" Hui ushered me back to the car and sped away.

-----

I found another letter on Hoseok's coffee table.

"Isn't it weird that Hoseok's not here?" Hui asked.

"Maybe he's out. Like at the convenience store or on an afternoon run." I answered, opening the letter.

Soomi,

Weird that your boyfriend's not here, isn't it?
He's in a place where you least expected
Want your answers? I can tell you something,
Look behind you, the criminal has always been standing.

-Anonymous

Look behind me?

I turned around and saw Hui pointing a gun at me.

"AAAHHH!" I screamed.

He laughed maniacally and turned off the gun's safety.

"You are so naive, huh? Naive little mouse." He smirked, circling around me dramatically.

"You thought that I would just let you go without loving me? Pathetic! You will be mine, Lee Soomi! One way or another." He added.

"Where's my parents?! Where's Hoseok?!" I yelled.