Chapter Twenty Two: Goodbye

Hoseok's POV

It was a bright day. The people around me seemed happy. But, this day didn't quite match my feelings.

"I hope you're happy wherever you are, Soomi." I placed the bouquet of white roses on her gravestone.

In loving memory of:
Lee Soo Mi

"It's been a long time since I visited you, hasn't it?" I chuckled bitterly.

"I just..." I sniffled. "miss you so much."

"Daddy?"

I looked down and smiled at the little girl who squeezed my hand a bit to get my attention.

"Yes, Sujin?" I smiled.

"Who are you talking to?" She innocently asked. She was only 4 years old.

I crouched down to her level and caressed Soomi's gravestone.

"This is your Aunt Soomi. She was daddy's first love." I answered.

"First love? Like before mommy?"

I nodded, "Yes, baby."

She stayed quiet for a little bit and then grinned.

"I'm sure she was very pretty, maybe that's why you loved her so much." She said.

I chuckled, "Yes, baby. She was very pretty. She was also an idol, you know, like those girl groups you love to watch. But I also loved her so much because she was very kind, smart, brave, and loved me with all her heart."

"She sounds like a nice person, daddy." Sujin smiled, "I wish that I met her."

Hoseok smiled, "If only..."

It has been 5 years since Soomi left this world, and it hasn't been the same without her.

Every time I wake up, I looked beside me to see if she was gazing up at me while we cuddled. But, she's gone.

I would hurry to answer the front door every time the doorbell rang, hoping that it was Soomi carrying those bags of chips and soft-drinks with a big smile. But, she's gone.

I would watch every comeback of Cherry Bomb to see if she would make a surprise cameo. But, she's really gone.

I eventually wanted a family of my own, because the loneliness was killing me. I ended up marrying a good friend of mine, Park Somin. She was a kind girl and very loving. Now, we have our little girl, Sujin.

I would always wonder...

What if Soomi didn't die?

What if we got married?

What if we had a family?

What if...

I sighed and looked at Soomi's gravestone.

"We'll see each other soon, Soomi. Goodbye." I said.

I stood up and looked at Sujin.

"Ready to go home, baby?" I asked.

"Can we go ride the ferris wheel, daddy? Please?" She gave me those puppy dog eyes.

I chuckled, remembering that time when Soomi and I rode the ferris wheel. When we first kissed each other.

"Alright, baby. Let's go ride the ferris wheel." I took her with me to the car and then drove away.

We'll see each other soon, Soomi. Fate always has a weird way of bringing two people together.

THE END

A/N: This is it 😭 the final chapter of Happy-Go-Unlucky. I hope you guys like this story and if you do, please click on that vote button and add a cute little comment. I always read the comments, and they always make me happy 😁

See you guys on my next stories!

-Deni