F I F T E E N

James's p.o.v

When everything is all done I have to pull Luna to the side to let her know I have to get to the hospital as soon as possible. I feel like an eternity has passed by when everyone stands up and starts clapping.

"Luna, I feel terrible for this but I have to leave. Lily's having the baby and they don't know if she'll make it so I want to go see her. Can we cancel the venue" I say. I trying my hardest to be patient because I want to get to the hospital already.

"Of course I didn't want to go myself. Let me change and I'll go with you" she says.

"Hurry though I need to be there asap" I tell her.
~~~
I run I to the hospital with Luna right behind me and I get to the room Alex told me to go to. I see all the doctors inside and I start to panic.

"Sir, sir you can't go in there" a nurse says but I don't care I'm going in no matter what. I go by Alex side.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"You made it just on time. Their prepping her for surgery. Ace they have to do a C-section. It's twice as bad because she'll be losing more blood. Their scared they might lose her" he panics and I start to panic.

"I know she'll make it. I know her trust me. She'll pull through it" I say and I just hope it's true if she dies I don't think I'll ever recover from it.

The doctors start to take her down the hallway. Alex and I follow then. When they get to the surgical room they emidiatly start to cut through stuff. I can't look so I look at her face instead. She looks dead. She doesn't look like the lily I remember. I know she was scared when they put her on the Anastasia. I wish I could have talked to her before but at least I'm here now seeing are baby being brought into this world.

Im snapped out of my thoughts when I hear everyone panic. She's loosing a lot of blood and her heart beat is dropping by the second. The doctor is calm but he looks worried I hear the baby cry and the nurses grab him. Everyone is focused on either the baby or lily. I grab her hand and whisper into her ear "please don't go lily, please push through you can do this."

"Who's the baby's father?" I hear the nurse ask.

"Me" I practically yell and she brings me my son. I emidiatly take him into my arms. He has my nose but her cheeks. He's a combination of the both of us. I hold him tight but not to tight and walk towards lily. "Look he's perfect" I tell her. I can't believe he's mine. He's too perfect. All I ever do is fuck up, but I think this time I got it right. A tear rolls down my cheek as he opens his eyes and smile at me. My heart is literally melting.

"We're losing her, hand me the defibrillation paddles" I hear the doctor yell. Alex is holding her hand. He's starting at her with a lot of pain. He wouldn't be able to handle her dying she has to make it. I have the baby but he wouldn't have anything left. I couldn't handle her leaving either.

The nurse grabs my son from me and I go by Lily's side. It feels like hours before the doctor gets her heart beats back to normal.
~~~
Lily's p.o.v
I open my eyes and light slowly seeps back. I look around and both Alex and James are on a couch sleeping. I try to move but there's a lot of pain in my stomach, and there are a lot of wires attached to me . There's a phone by my side and I grab it to check the time. It's 8:00am.

I should wake them up but something tells me they haven't had much sleep. A nurse walks in and they both jump up.

"Lily you're awake" they say in unison. They both get up and each one takes a side of the bed.

"Do you want me to bring you, your baby?" She asks.

"Yes please, I've been waiting to meet him since I found out I was going to have him" I say and she walks out to get him while another nurse comes in and check me out.

"He has your cheeks and smile, but my dimples" James says with a smile.

"I'm glad he has something of mine" I say playing around. The nurse comes in with my baby and another nurse by her side. She picks him up from the incubator and cradles him in her arms. She hands him over to me and I look at his sweet face. He smiles and a tear escapes my eye. He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

"Hi name is Jazmin and I'm here to get your baby's name, the father's, and yours of course" she says holding her clipboard ready to write down his name.

"His name will be Elijah James steel Fernandez. His father's name is Stephen James Hendry steel. My name is Lily Grace Peterson Fernandez " I say and she writes it down. I hold my baby and focus on all his details. He has James's dimples, skin color, and eyes. He only has my smile. I can't wait to see what he looks like all grown up. My baby grabs my hand and I touch his nose. He giggles and my eyes go wide. That was the cutest sound I have ever heard in my life. I hug him gently.

Alex leans in and gives me a small kiss on the lips. "I love you. I'm happy you didn't give up in that room" he says.

"I love you too" I whisper in his ear. "Have you gotten to carry him yet?" I ask him.

"No, I was too busy worrying about you" he says.

"Do you want to?" I ask.

"Kind of" he says and I hand over little E.J to him. I look at the way he looks at him and smile. It seems as if he has never held a baby. He's looking at the baby curiously.

"It's weird seeing how much my brother loves you. I don't like it to be honest" James says and I understand him.

"When did you get here?" I ask curiously.

"After the I do's were said I practically ran out of there and got to be the first to carry our son" he says proudly and I giggle.

"But what about your wife" I ask and the words feel bitter in my mouth.

"She left home already" he says.