T W O

Matt and Abby wanted to go to the little diner by maple St, and so that's where we're headed to. When we get there it's not packed which I'm glad because I hate being around too many people I get nervous. I look to the right and see James with his brother Alex. There are some girls sitting with them. I try not to get their attention but James emidiatly turns and looks at me. I keep walking as if I didn't see him. We take a seat at a booth. The lady attending us is named Jackie and she seems sweet.

"What are we getting for appetizers?" Matt asks rubbing his hands together.

"Why are you asking us you usually eat them all before we get a chance to get some" Abby says.

I can feel James's stare without turning and it's making me uncomfortable. "I want cheese sticks" I say and Abby nods in agreement. Matt puts his arm around me getting comfortable.

"Why is that Ace kid being a creep and starring over here?" Abby asks and Matt and I both turn around and look. James looks like he wants to murder Matt and I smile at him. Alex must have thought I was looking at him because he waves and I turn around not waving back. "well thanks for not making it obvious" she says.

"I think he's cute" I say and matt looks at me with a nasty expression. "What?" I says.

"Me too, but his brother is hot af" she says smiling at them. The Waiter comes over and takes our drink order to give us time to see what we want.

"I don't think there the right match for you two" Matt says.

"Me either, I wouldn't like to date them either way im just stating the obvious l think their both hot. I wounder how they're baby's will turn out" Abby says and I just smile at her looking over the menu.

"What do you think lily" Matt says.

"I just..." I think about wether or not to tell them about me and James. They have been my best friends since freshman year.

"Spit it out lily" Matt say.

"If I tell you guys something you can't tell anyone or look back at them. Promise" I say.

"This just got interesting, but I promise I won't spill it" Abby says.

"Me too" Matt says leaning in.

"I'm kinda going out with Ace" I say and they both lose it. "Stop, be quite you guys promised" I say.

"Omg that's why he's always staring at you in school, and constantly gives Matt shit. He's jealous that Matt is always hugging you. Omg everything makes sense now" Abby says.

"I thought he was just jealous of my looks" Matt says playing around. "Omg I can mess with him now when he does shit to me. I can like hug you even more or kiss your cheek. I'm taking advantage of this information" Matt says hugging me and placing a kiss on my cheek.

I get a text from James.

Love: why is it that I constantly have to worn you about guys.

Me: why is it that I CONSTANTLY have to see you with girls.

I text dramatically.

"Is that him texting you?" Abby asks.

"Yeah but you guys promised. You can't tell anyone or make it obvious" I beg them.

"Wait if you guys are dating why isn't it public? Why isn't he showing you off? I would totally parade you letting everyone know you're mine" Matt asks.

"I don't want that. I don't want any attention as long as he's mine I'm happy" I say and realize how cheesy it sounds. I feel bad now because I'm telling them I don't want the attention, but I always give James shit for it.

"Aw that's the cutest. Do you have any pictures of you two" Abby asks.

"Yeah, but just a couple cause we don't take a lot. He dislikes cameras as much as I do" I say and show them pictures.

"Omg these look like there all the way from freshman year" Abby says.

"They are" I say.

"Omg so it's been three years" she asks.

"Yeah" I say.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Abby asks.

"Because I didn't want anyone to know" I say and before she has the chance to ask another question the waiter comes with our drinks. She takes our order and leaves again.

"Is that why you never talk to other guys or go out?" Abby asks and I nod.

"My turn to ask questions" Matt says and I nod. "Does he respect you? And if not I might have to have a little talk with him" he says.

"Yeah he's the sweetest to be honest" I say with a smile.

"That's good. I'm very happy for you lily" he says and I hug him.

"Thanks" I say.

"Me too, a little jealous, but very happy" she says.

"Thanks guys" I say and the waiter comes with our food.

When she's done passing out our food she says "the guys sitting down at the table over there" she points at James's table "have paid for both of your meals" she says pointing at Abby and I. We both turn and he's smiling at us.

"Can you tell them we can pay for our own meal and that we don't need their money" I say politely and she smiles.

"I like you" she says and walks to them. When she gets to their table Alex's smile fades away and turns into frown. He looks affended. Me and Abby take our attention away from them.

"That was the funniest thing I have ever seen" Abby says and begins to laugh.