Closed doors

Josh's POV

The night was frosty. I decided to take a walk up the forest trail to clear my head.

Simon has been quite distant recently,sitting in his room most days,staring into space. I should ask Vik if he has noticed too.

The trail wasn't too hard to walk up but never the less its gonna take me a while. I don't think wearing Black Vans helps to walk up forest trails one bit. I trudge my way through the muddy puddles. My ZRK socks getting soaked.
'R.I.P socks' I say jokingly.

I start to walk back to the house,the cold breeze tingling the back of my neck. I get to the front of the house and see Simon through the blinds of his window, He looks dazed. I wave but he doesn't see me

'Too tired by the looks of it' I mutter truthfully

I get in the house and shake my jacket off eagerly. All I want is warmth and maybe some food.
I walk towards the kitchen and see Vik sitting on one of the bar stools, having a very in depth talk on the phone with someone.
I shuffle past towards the fridge,hoping not to interrupt his  conversation.

"Frick off JJ I don't want to answer any of your stupid questions just leave me alone!"

I turn around to look at a flustered Vik who was swiveling nervously on the bar stool.

"Vik you alright?" I softly ask

"Just fuckin' great Josh,never better mate"

"Lemme guess JJ is having problems with girls and needs your advice?" I ask quizzically

"hOw dId yOu gUeSs?" He says in a sarcastic tone

"magic" I say in a monotone voice

"Na but seriously he won't leave me alone about it. He hasn't asked 'The Pussy Destroyer' because we all know Cal doesn't get pussy and so instead he asked me. He got really angry at me and says he's coming home from the club to beat me up like really early morning shiz"

"Oh ffs"

Vik then swivels away from me to get something from the cupboard. In that time he realizes he can't reach it and so asks for my help.

"Jooooossssshhhh I can't reach the packet of cocktail sausages hellllppp meee please"

"Fine" I say as I swiftly get them down and pass them to Vik who is already chowing down on them.

"Hey Vik I need to ask you something"

"Wat du ya wonna say?" Vik asks while having a mouth full of sausages (wink wonk)

"I was gonna ask if-" I stopped once I heard a window shut.

"What was that Josh? What were you gonna ask?" Vik asked curiously

"Um nothing it can wait anyway um goodnight!" I say nervously

"Um ok goodnight Josh tell me tomorrow yeah?

"Sure"

I walk up the stairs to my bedroom, lightly sighing to see that Vik had raided my bedroom for one thing in particular: Pringles. I slowly walk towards my bed and flop onto it,getting embraced in the duvet on impact. Ten minutes pass
And then Sleep overtakes me.

I wake at five to hear a familiar voice shout 'im back bitches' from downstairs. I feel a presence looming above me.

"Vik?"

"Can you hide me please Josh?"

I was about to reply no but then he pulled his best move: Puppy dog eyes..

"Sure Vik" I said groggily..I'd been defeated by Vik 

I felt arms wrap around me
"Thanks Josh"

I felt automatically happy.
Vik's attitude is infectious.
Vik hides in the closet next to me
I laugh at how predicable his hiding spot is.

JJ comes storming in my bedroom and asks

"Have you seen the little prick Vik anywhere?"

I shrug my shoulders sleepily. He continues to look everywhere in my room except in the closet's
(I know I'm very predictable)
JJ walks off determined to find Vik. 'Yes!" I mutter under my breath. Vik peeks his head round the closet door and smiles happily towards me while mouthing 'thank you'. I nod and smile lightly.

JJ's footsteps were heard coming back towards my room. I sat up and stared at my phone for any messages. 'Nope' I whispered to myself. I could hear JJs breathing at the end of my bed. He was focused on one thing. The closet.

I could hear Vik's breathing.
I put my head in my hands and whispered 'I'm sorry',I know Vik didn't hear it but at least it would  make me feel less guilty for a few minutes.

JJ quickly opened the doors and grabbed Vik by the collar, lifting him up and onto his shoulder. Vik didn't do anything. I mouthed 'i'm sorry' to him. He looked so scared.

I was sat staring at my wall for half an hour..before I went to sleep..I woke up to hear a whine,a door slam and Simon's alarm. I don't wanna tell Simon what happened.

I need to find Vik