Eight

The last day of their shooting came. It's the day when they will finally know if they have a partner or their heart's matches.

As soon as they were given a chance to change the picture on their lockets, Daehwi immediately change it to his always first pick, to Jinyoung. He's fully aware that he doesn't have a chance because Jinyoung is so firm on his pick and that pick is not Daehwi but he already lose anyways, what's the risk of trying again for the last time.

The eleven of them gets split into two groups, the other six namely, Daniel, Jisung, Sungwoon, Seongwoo, Minhyun and Jihoon are the members who'll be send outside for their respective ideal dates venue while the other five, Jaehwan, Guanlin, Woojin, Jinyoung and Daehwi was left behind. The five of them will pick up their dates base on the music that the other six left, if it suits to their taste. Of course Daehwi immediately guess who's the person behind those songs, he knows everyone's music taste, that's for sure.

He's quite disappointed that Jinyoung was also left behind because that's mean that there's really no chance for Daehwi to pick him up and the worst is that Jihoon was out there waiting for Jinyoung with his song that screams nothing but a sign that says it's Jihoon's. Daehwi internally scoff at the obvious choice of song, Baby Don't Cry by Exo. Jinyoung can't be denied as a solid Exo fan so does Jihoon, merciless...

Daehwi won't let it happen easily though, as always, even he cannot recognized himself anymore. He sighed. If he didn't chicken out months ago, is it possible for him and Jinyoung to be a thing? Months ago he almost can say that Jinyoung feels the same way to him but because he's a coward, he didn't confess immediately. He let himself believe that Jinyoung likes him too, that he'll wait for Daehwi to find his courage, and when he almost find it, Jihoon came. Since then, Jinyoung rarely spend time with him to the point where Daehwi thinks that he doesn't exist.

Rock, paper and scissors. Daehwi sighed deeply as he pick up the leafy vegetables from the soil harshly, receiving a scolding from the old women. Daehwi only smiled apologetically.

He was here right now in a farm with Sungwoon as he loses to Jinyoung in rock paper scissors on who'll get Baby Don't cry. Now the two are probably having their oh so romantic date, eating the foods they been longing for weeks as they laugh because of each others idiocy. While Daehwi was here, slowly getting exhausted in all aspects that he didn't have any choice but to pour it to the innocent plants. Damn Sungwoon Hyung and his thing with farms.

"Daehwi-ah, are you alright?"

Daehwi perk up and look at his hyung who's watching him with worried eyes. He looks around and noticed that the camera crew are no where to be find. Have they finished filming?

"Yah! You're spacing out again" Sungwoon said, his eye brows furrowing at the younger.

Daehwi pouted and focused back on his task that he's surely finished. " What's with you and farms hyung" He complain to make an escape.

Sungwoon only laughed as he removed his gloves and other clothes article that is needed for farming. " Come on, we're finished here let's get to the real thing" he said and take away the plants and Daehwi's own gloves to replace it with his hands, tagging him outside the tent.

"Where are we going hyung" Daehwi ask, trying to keep up with his hyung's pace.

"Something fun!" Sungwoon shout back and that's how the both of them spend their dates, just laughing, taking pictures, eating everything up, as if Daehwi wouldn't have his probably last but most painful of his never ending heartbreak for his seventeen years of living.

Daehwi was standing again for the third time in front of a box with the pictures of eleven of them. He doesn't need to be here again if you're going to ask him because he's not going to change the person inside his heart, even though the chance of the person choosing him back is less than zero.

They stand in line as they check each others locket and the first couple was Daniel and Jaehwan, as expected. Now it was Daehwi's turn to see Sungwoon's heart locket and to his surprise it was him who's insides his hyung's locket. He probably couldn't hide his emotions as Jisung commented something along the line that "It's obvious that Daehwi's choice is not Sungwoon"

"I pick a wrong person aish. I pick a person who's owned by another" Sungwoon commented when they're getting back to their line.

Daehwi pouted feeling guilty. He didn't expect someone to pick him up specially Sungwoon who's first pick is Jisung but more than that, he's more guilty because even though they might have said that they pick him up, he won't change the person on his locket.

Now it was Daehwi's turn and it's Jinyoung who's gonna check his heart. When he's walking to get on his side, their eyes would met and there this something in Jinyoung's eyes that Daehwi couldn't point out. It is guilt? pity? Confusion? Regret? Probably not the last one.

As expected, their hearts don't match because while Daehwi has Jinyoung on his heart, Jinyoung has Jihoon on his.

"It's such a pity" Woojin commented twice as Daehwi walk back again with anxiousness behind his smiling face.

"Why is it such pity" Daehwi whines and he only hopes that no one notice how his voice fall in a crack as if he's going to cry because he almost is as he watch the once sun of his universe smiling more brightly but in another universe.

This is it, this is where his place is. A person with no sun, a person that will only watch his love from far away because getting near him will just cause him nothing but pain. He's ready to let go, he should be ready to let go.

.
.
.
.
A/N: Double update because I feel like a sh!t not updated for 1236855 years. Thank you for keeping up and reading this, I don't even know you're reading this except that you love my babies Jinhwi.