Chapter eight

Marinette left Alya and headed in the direction of the school. She turned into and alleyway and transformed into Ladybug. She didn't waste anymore time- she didn't know how long Chat Noir could fight against Observer, even if Spider-man did show up.

She entered the school hall through the roof, climbing onto the beams like Chat Noir had done. Narrowing her eyes, she focused her attention on what was happening. Chat Noir and Observer were on the ground, circling each other slowly and warily narrowing their eyes.

Chat Noir suddenly extended his staff and lunged towards Observer, moving quickly.

"I got you now, Akuma!"

Observer was faster. She clamped her hands around the staff and pulled him closer. Chat Noir widened his eyes in terror and jumped backwards. However, Observer anticipated his moves and lowered the staff. Chat Noir stumbled backwards and tripped.

"I think not. Chat Noir." Observer responded stiffly, walking towards him, holding his staff.

I need to help him. Marinette thought, narrowing her eyes.

She heard something moving behind her and she turned around.

Nothing.

"Up here." Someone hissed, startling Marinette.

Marinette looked up and saw Spider-Man above her, climbing among the beams as well. He however was upside down. He dropped down onto the beam she was on.

"What's the plan?" He whispered.

Marinette shrugged and pointed towards Chat Noir. "We need to help him before Observer reveals his secret- assumingly his identity."

"Ladybug!" Chat Noir cried out as he crawled backwards. "If you're here, I-I could really use some help!" Observer reached out towards him and grabbed his arm, hauling him upwards.

Marinette threw her yo-yo out towards her as Observer put her hand on Chat Noir's head. The yoyo wrapped around Observer's arm and Marinette pulled it backwards and Observer's arm was yanked backwards.

"Oi! Observer! Leave him alone!" Marinette yelled. Chat Noir scrambled away from the villain's grasp.

Marinette threw her yo-yo out again. It wrapped around the staff in Observer's hands. Marinette pulled her yo-yo backwards and yanked the staff out of her hands. She caught it and threw it down to Chat Noir. He caught the staff and extended it, climbing up onto the beams beside Marinette and Spider-Man.

"Thank you." He breathed.

Observer let out a yell of rage and picked up a table near her. She threw it towards some students hiding behind another table in the corner of the room. She then walked towards them and reached out towards them to reveal their secrets. She didn't, however seem to be very focused on retrieving Miraculousess.

She gets distracted very easily for someone so observant. Marinette thought. Maybe we can use this as an advantage.

A plan began to form in her mind.

"Spidey!" Marinette whispered, "Can you web her feet down?"

He nodded and prepared to jump down. Marinette held her hand out, motioning him to wait and he listened.

"And Chat Noir, I will then go down and distract her. When she is distracted you can use Cataclysm on the book. Got it?"

Chat Noir nodded.

"Okay." Marinette turned to Spider-Man. "Go."

He nodded and shot out a web towards Observer. It landed on one of her feet, securing it to the ground.

"Oh no." Spider-Man whispered, muttering something under his breath.

"What?" Chat Noir asked.

"I used the wrong type of web. That was a swinging web. It's super strong and durable-"

"And?"

"And it's still connected to my hand-" Spider-man was jolted from the beams and flung down towards the floor. -Observer had tugged on the web and pulled him down. Spider-Man scrambled backwards but Observer was quicker. She put a hand around his neck and hauled him upwards. He struggled to get out of her grip, prying her fingers away but she placed her other hand to his head. Nothing happened. She tried again. Nothing.

"The suit!" She spat, narrowing her eyes.

"Chat Noir, forget the plan, we need to help him now!" Marinette hissed, and they jumped down from the roof.

Observer pried at Spider-Man's neck, trying to pry apart the metal to rip off the mask. Spider-Man attempted to swat away her hands to no avail as her hand caught hold of part of the suit and began to pull it upwards. The metal covering his face began to collapse, revealing the pale skin on his neck and part of his dirty brown hair. He reached up and pulled the metal back down, the mask hesitantly clicking back into place. His identity was safe, for now.

However the damage was done, and the lights of the suit shut off as sparks started to appear around the edges of the suit. Observer hesitated as a small bolt of electricity zapped her finger.

Marinette saw her chance and cast her yoyo out towards Observer and it wrapped around her arm. She yanked it backwards and Observer turned to her with a scowl on her face.

"Cataclysm!" Chat Noir yelled, running towards Observer.

"No!" The villain hissed as the book crumbled. Her costume disappeared and a purple butterfly fluttered out of the ashes of the book.

"No more evil doing for you, little Akuma." Marinette said as she captured the butterfly. She let it go and the butterfly, now pure white, fluttered away.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" Marinette yelled, throwing her yoyo up into the air. The hall was returned to normal. The tables and chairs were back in their place and the dents in the floor were removed.

Chat Noir held his fist out and Marinette motioned for Spider-Man to come over to them.

"Pound it!" Marinette and Chat Noir grinned, fist-bumping their hands together, and Spider-Man joined in too.

"I should go." Chat Noir said, motioning to his ring. "Goodbye, M' Lady! And goodbye, Spider-Man!" He extended his staff and jumped into the roof, exiting the hall.

Marinette walked over to a very-confused-looking Michelle.

"Hey." She greeted.

"What happened?" Michelle asked.

"You were Akumatised." Marinette responded, "But everything is fine now."

Michelle gave her a confused look. "Okay then." She responded.

Marinette smiled, standing up. "I'm sure your classmates can explain what happened." She turned to Spider-man. "I should get going too. And I'm assuming that you should as well. Bye Spidey!" She threw her yoyo out, wrapping it around one of the beams in the roof and exited the hall.

/*\*/*\

Marinette swung through the streets, ducking into an alleyway close by her home. She hid behind a bin.

"Spots off." She whispered, and she detransformed.

Tikki flew out of her purse.

"That was a relatively easy Akuma." The Kwamii grinned. "You didn't even have to use Lucky Charm!"

"You're right." Marinette smiled, but stopped as she noticed something near her. On the other side of the alleyway was another bin. But it wasn't the bin that was weird. A tattered backpack was stuck to the wall, white webs holding it in place. Where have I seen that bag before? Marinette thought, but froze when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Marinette!? You're- you're Ladybug?!"

Marinette turned. Spider-Man hung upside down on a web, white eyes wide in shock as he stared at her.