Chapter Sixteen

[Quick AN I forgot to put at the end of the other chapter, the 'new' suit is based off what we've seen of the Spider-Man: Far From Home suit, but since we don't know what extra features it has, it will pretty much be more durable/protective than the Homecoming suit and probably more likely for KAREN to attempt to call Stark when something happens haha]

After Tony Stark had flown away, Peter took a closer look at his 'new' suit. It was definitely different from his iron suit, and even different to his older suit. The blues in his suit had all now been replace with black, with some added black areas in other sections of the suit; this being the arms and the soles of the feet.

Despite being excited and thankful that Mr Stark had brought him a replacement suit, Peter still felt the anger and frustration he'd been feeling earlier that afternoon. He put on the suit, remembering what he had been itching to do earlier in the day. He wanted to go look at the space trash and find out what happened to it.

As he put on the mask he heard the familiar voice of KAREN greeting him.

"Hello Peter,"

"Hey! KAREN! You're back!"

"Yes, but unfortunately since I was unable to connect, I do not have any memory of the events happening after the Akuma fight."

"Oh, right, because the suit was damaged during the fight." Peter paused, "So you didn't see what happened after then? You know, when I saw Ladybug's identity?"

"No Peter, you're saying you saw the identity of Ladybug?"

"Oh- uh, yeah. It was kind of accidental uh- but uh- I- I won't tell you who it is because I don't think she'd want me to do that." Peter knew KAREN and probably also Tony Stark could keep a secret, but knowing that Mr Stark had told the whole world he was Iron Man the first time he spoke to the public, he figured he wouldn't tell them.

"That's understandable Peter."

"Thanks KAREN."

/*\*/*\

Remembering what he had seen from the news report earlier in the day, Peter headed to the location of where the trash was collected. He new it wouldn't be there now, but he was hoping there was at least a clue to where it had been taken.

As Peter swung and landed on the top of a building, he spotted a figure in the distance, crouched over the edge of a roof. They were certainly there for the same reason that he was.

He swung closer to them and landed quietly behind them. Narrowing his eyes, he warily looked closer, careful not to make a sound in case they were hostile. A mass of blue-grey fur was slumped over and a large tail lay on the ground. The added large ears on top of their head made the figure seem animal-like, not unlike a character out of the movie, Zootopia.

"Hey stranger." Peter made sure his voice was friendly. "What are you doing here?"

They immediately turned to face him. "What do you want?! I don't speak French!" The female voice was heavily accented with an accent Peter couldn't quite put his finger on.

"Woah there, Easter Bunny!" Peter held up his heads non-threateningly, "I'm your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man! Although this isn't really my neighbourhood since I actually come from America but this is a neighbourhood and I am Spider-Man so there you-"

"I'm not a rabbit you bug!" She snarled in reply, pushing him away with a bandaged hand. Or was it a paw? Pale bandages were wrapped around them, similar to how boxers would wrap up their own hands to protect themselves. "I'm a kangaroo!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" Peter winced, "I didn't mean to offend you, I was uh- I was referencing that movie, y'know? Rise of the Guardians? There's this character, who's the Easter Bunny, (and you kind of look like him), and this other character- this other character named Jack (his name doesn't really matter though but I thought I'd let you know) calls him 'Kangaroo'. And he hates being called Kangaroo. (Even though he kindof looks like a kangaroo, and his Australian accent doesn't help) And so I thought I'd reference that movie- y'know- I referenced the movie by calling you Easter Bunny instead of Kangaroo."

Her only response was narrowing her eyes.

"O-kay. Uh-" Peter scratched the back of his neck, feeling uncomfortable, "You're not an Akuma are you? You're not working with Hawkmoth to steal Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculouses are you?" Peter took a cautious step back.

She narrowed her eyes again. "No. My goal of coming here is not to steal these- Miraculouses, if that is what you are asking."

Peter relaxed, "Okay. Good. What are you doing here then? Being all shady, hanging around this area?"

She twitched an ear, "What are you doing here?" As Peter struggled to form a response she chuckled and answered his question, "Maybe you can help me out." She said, "I'm on a mission."

"A mission?"

"Yes. What I need to do is find where they are holding this rubbish-stuff, and take whatever alien thing they found in it was."

"Rubbish-stuff? You mean the trash? You're going to steal it?" Peter echoed.

"No. I need to retrieve it for someone."

"You're stealing it."

"What do you think SHIELD is going to do with it, huh?" She responded, "They've been unheard from for years and suddenly they appear- not even in their own country, mind you,- and they appear to confiscate something? Seriously? What do you think SHIELD is going to do with that thing? You know they're going to try and use it to create a weapon."

"I guess-"

"Besides, everyone knows their track record. How long were HYDRA secretly operating without anyone knowing?"

"Yeah but-"

"There's no way to know their motivations."

"What about your motivations? Huh? I don't even know your name and yet you are asking me to help you steal something!" Peter retorted.

"I'm not forcing you to help me. I was offering since you are so interested in what I'm doing here." She narrowed her eyes. "You see, the government doesn't want SHIELD to have- whatever that thing is- and so I'm going to retrieve it."

"Why are they sending you? You don't even speak French! They didn't send one of their own superheros? Ladybug or Chat Noir? "

"No. They can't admit to intervening themselves. So I've been sent instead."

"And where are you from exactly then?"

"Is it not obvious?"

It suddenly dawned on Peter. The kangaroo. The accent. The boomerang by her side that Peter hadn't noticed. "You're from Australia."

She clicked her fingers. "That's right! Your new friend is from- what do you guys call it? 'The Land Down Under'!" She seemed to laugh quietly, before narrowing her eyes and grinning. "I'm Switcheroo."